SASS Wire Forum

Hendo's Helpful Hints

Hendo

OK, I just thought I'd put this out there for y'all. 

I've been looking for a cover for my press pretty much from the moment I bolted it to my bench. Sewing isn't really in my wheelhouse, I can do it if I have to, but it's about as good looking as my dancing while drunk.

I took a chance a bought a cheap blender cover on Amazon and it worked out reasonably well. It even fits over my Inline Fab handle.

20210213_180825.thumb.jpg.504f34762fb7bdfe56a5d776e370b0a8.jpg

I bought some felt squares at Hobby Lobby and used a hot glue gun to make the covers for my Dillon 550 and tool heads.

I bought the Dillon cover for my 550, but quit using it and the 550.  I will try what you are showing on my two Hornadys.

Why don’t you just use a pillow case? They work just fine on my MECs and 550s and they are very economically viable(cheap). 

4 hours ago, Too Tall Bob said:

Why don’t you just use a pillow case? They work just fine on my MECs and 550s and they are very economically viable(cheap). 

I probably coulda (I honestly didn't think of it). A trash bag would've probably worked to, but I might be concerned about trapping condensation or some such.

I'm sorta OCD about some things and this has a purposeful, finished look to it.

I already had some stuff in the Amazon cart and I just kinda hit on the idea. It was only 8 bucks, so I rolled the dice.

Beside, knowing my luck, I would have grabbed what I thought was an old pillow case and it would have actually been part of a favorite set that Mrs. Hendo would kill me for. :D

Archived