SASS Wire Forum

Non-SASS shotgun - High Standard Model 10B

Cherokee Slim

For the "Buck Rogers" in all of us - here's one of the first bull-pup 12 ga shotguns - built and marketed primarily to police departments in the late '60's and early '70's. The Model 10 was pretty futuristic-looking for the time and appealed to a lot of departments as a great "entry-type" firearm. It never really caught on because of a few issues with the gun. One being the limited capacity with only a 4 round magazine and 1 in the chamber, plus the fact that it can only be fired right-handed. Firing from the left shoulder will launch the empties right into your face as you're shooting. This one, like most any you will find on the market now, was obviously cycled out of police service and as such shows significant wear in the bluing as you can see in the photos.

I always wanted one of these and had the opportunity to acquire one many years ago. I've enjoyed it a lot, fired it a few times, but it's time to pass it along. When you see one of these come up on Gunbroker, Guns International, etc., which is rarely, they're always in the $1200-$1500 range. I think $850, plus shipping from my FFL to your FFL, is a fair price.  This is not a shotgun you'll be able to use in a cowboy match, but I figured there's a lot of "old codgers", just like me, on this forum and that it may well have some nostalgic appeal to one of you as it did for me.  PM me if interested.

20210122_135640.jpg

20210122_135649.jpg

20210122_135654.jpg

20210122_135711.jpg

20210122_135718.jpg

20210122_135724.jpg

Archived