SASS Wire Forum

ACTS 2:38

True Story:

This appeared in my church's bulletin one Sunday.  One could hear sporadic chuckles coming from the congregation.

The story has been told of a pastor who knocked at the door of one of his members but received no response.  It annoyed him because he could hear footsteps inside the house and knew they must be there.  The pastor left his card and wrote on it: Revelation 3:20 ("Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in...")

The next Sunday as the members filed out of the church after services the person who had refused to answer the door greeted the pastor warmly and handed him his card.  He had written: Genesis 3:10 (You'll have to look this one up yourself.)

Cop got a call for shots fired at a home. Arrived to find a man in the middle of the floor dead from a shotgun blast and an old lady. After questioning the lady he called the station and reported a homicide. Lady said she shot him for walking on her fresh mopped floor.

Dispatcher: "So you have her in custody?"

Officer: "H*ll no, that floor's still wet"

JHC

51 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

The next Sunday as the members filed out of the church after services the person who had refused to answer the door greeted the pastor warmly and handed him his card.  He had written: Genesis 3:10 (You'll have to look this one up yourself.)

He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

At least it wasn't be fruitful go forth and multiply.

1 hour ago, John Kloehr said:

1 Timothy 5:13 would have been a good response...

I know not all churches recognize the book of Timothy but some do.

??????????????

Your Point ....

Jabez Cowboy

5 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

??????????????

Your Point ....

Jabez Cowboy

I suggested it as an alternative response to Genesis 3:10. I'm not one to honor uninvited guests poking into my business.

One for husbands to remember when in trouble with the wife is Genesis 3:16, "Yet your desire will be for your husband,
And he shall rule over you.”

Just make sure you duck

Archived