SASS Wire Forum

Internet Predators

Subdeacon Joe

I visit a Washington based fly fishing forum, and ever so often a noob will crash in looking for intel

or where to go and what fly to use. Actually, they are informed about forum protocol and etiquette.

11 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

...... so the obvious location should be "on Earth, somewhere wet" .............. right?   ;)

Right O, Mate. :)

Did I sound like an auzzie, Mate?

17 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

I'm in an ice fishing forum a lot. Mention where you caught them and the lake will get stripped in a hurry.

According to the local outdoors show when I was growing up, the best fishing ever was with a Rat-L-Trap in a private lake.  Every big fish- regardless of species- that was ever on Sportsman's Lodge was caught in a private lake with a Rat-L-Trap.:lol:  That became my stock answer of where I caught any fish.

If asked how I'm doing while fishing or putting the boat back on the trailer, I never have caught much of anything and what little I did catch was too small and had to be thrown back.  If you do it otherwise, folks will haunt you while you're on the river, set up right on top of you when you are on a spot and you'll never get a moment's peace.  The only person you tell the truth to is the Game Warden- and then you do it in a low tone of voice.

Took a raft trip down the Grand Canyon a few years ago. When we would stop for a while, I would fish for trout in the river. Once we were at a spot that hikers could reach from the rim. I was catching trout off a rock near an incoming stream and some hikers were fishing down stream from me. When I got off the rock to remove a trout and put it in a bucket, one of the hikers moved to that spot! 

I went to a different spot and caught another trout. Same thing, when I went to the bucket, the hiker took my spot again! 

So I moved and caught a couple more.

The hiker never caught anything!

When looking for free advice from an old fishing guide and asked where were the fish? His answer "in the lake".  How are they catching them?  "With a little wire hook right in the corner of the mouth"

3 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Right O, Mate. :)

Did I sound like an auzzie, Mate?

.......................... I would suggest that you not give up your day-job .... :(

:P;)

Archived