SASS Wire Forum

WTB Marlin 39a

M D Lancaster

Me and you both! I’ve been watching at gun shows for a couple of years. Found one, had a pistol grip stock, but straight lever . Somebody had cut a groove in the stock to allow it to fit. 
another looked good, but had mechanical issues. 

If MD Lancaster  doesn’t take it I will. 

The local shop has an old marlin 22 takedown that it just took in on trade Thursday.  I don't know if it's a 39a but I can swing by next week and find out if you want.   It's a straight grip.  Other than that i don't know much.  

Thanks , I am keeping a 1953, my birth year, I sent a pm to Hoss, awaiting reply(but I just sent it)   I will be driving Thur Abilene on the 24 th and 26 th of this month.

2 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

The local shop has an old marlin 22 takedown that it just took in on trade Thursday.  I don't know if it's a 39a but I can swing by next week and find out if you want.   It's a straight grip.  Other than that i don't know much.  

If it’s a straight stock it is probably a Mountie which are highly desirable. If it’s in good shape and decent price it would be a good one to pickup. 

I have q Marlin 39a with Ballard rifling in VG condition for it's age,  $775.  Also a Winchester 94-22 XTR for $750 and Browning BL22 $500, these are both in excellent condition.  I can send you some pics if you're interested.

Doc RD

36 minutes ago, M D Lancaster said:

Doc

I am in a "holding"pattern currently

Re thinking my choice 

While apple's and oranges thinking through a

Henry Golden Boy now in lieu of Marlin 39a

If you get a Henry you REALLY need to get Widder and Slater to do their magic on it.  I have one and it is incredibly smooth, like butter.

Kajun

Archived