SASS Wire Forum

I have stuck my foot in my big mouth again ......

Most people can understand when offense is intended and when it is not intended.

Continue to march.

Duffield

5 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... and I sincerely apologise to all offended parties.

My pathetic attempt at humour has put both my feet in my big mouth, offended good friends and now I ask forgiveness.

wbj

Shucks.  The only time I take my foot out of my mouth is when I put my other foot in!

It was a POST by Linn Keller...

Wallaby Jack - YOU'RE OK BY ME! ;)

2021_02_13_09_24_37.thumb.jpg.076a93376b6d1369bc25be9a20a38b89.jpg

11 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’m slow to anger but you just pushed my pissed off button. :angry:

10 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Sorry Bob, but I did intend my response as a joke ..... except for the congratulations part.

Wallaby Jack,

I perceive that all of us on the wire are like family.....And I've never known a family that didn't have squabbles occasionally.   I recently told my wife that "nothing" looked REALLY good on her.....She was offended that my attempt at a humorous compliment was misinterpreted.  So I guess it's just what mood someone is in and they don't read through the intended content......I look forward to your posts......

I saw it as humor. Somewhat tasteless by American standards, but humor nonetheless. No offense Wallaby Jack. I can  see both sides on this particular issue. 

Pards, we do have to remember that what is funny in one culture may not be funny in another. We also have to remember that we aren’t all from the same place and we all don’t come from the same backgrounds. SASS is international, ya know. 

Hell , many years ago I nearly caused an international incident in much the same way. It was petrifying! Missiles got aimed, units were deployed, complaints were made, whining ensued...all over a joke. 

Sometimes we all need to take to heart the sage words of the venerable and esteemed Sergeant Hulka...”Lighten up, Francis!”

WJ,

I am sorry I missed yet another outstanding post. You need to let us know ahead of time when you intend to do this so we will all be ready.

Love having you and all the pards down under here on the wire.

2 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

In today's world, someone is offended by anything spoke or written. I read yesterday that mathematics is racist. A sense of humor is dying along with common sense.

I tried to read their logic and finally gave up. Oregon is in real trouble.

Buddy/Doctor/Teacher got into trouble in OZ while there teaching.

Students came into his class, where he was replacing their usual instructor, as he was going through the desk looking for something.

They asked what he was looking for and he replied, "I'm just rooting around the desk looking for........"

Girls gasped, boys chuckled and laughed.

Turns out "ROOTING" has a ..... somewhat different meaning in OZ.

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Buddy/Doctor/Teacher got into trouble in OZ while there teaching.

Students came into his class, where he was replacing their usual instructor, as he was going through the desk looking for something.

They asked what he was looking for and he replied, "I'm just rooting around the desk looking for........"

Girls gasped, boys chuckled and laughed.

Turns out "ROOTING" has a ..... somewhat different meaning in OZ.

A FRECKLE and a Fanny sure do!!!

Went home smelling of beer and booze!!!

Amazing what happens when 3 Aussies spew their drinks in laughter!!!

Constable Nelson, Rooster and Jack Aroo!! (Add in Aspen Wrangler)

I apologize for mistaking your post as an insult to Lynn. I should have known better. I was having a bad day. Sorry. Maybe I need to chill out a while off line. 

40 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I apologize for mistaking your post as an insult to Lynn. I should have known better. I was having a bad day. Sorry. Maybe I need to chill out a while off line. 

Nope...you need a big 'ol hug!!!:wub:

You're year has been double 'blessed' with stress.

I want to start calling you Job!!!

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

We've all had them. If you need to vent, rant or gripe, you know how to find me.

Archived