SASS Wire Forum

Bank of America is selling you out

Red Cent

As a government contractor in the 90's I was issued a BofA credit card for business transactions. My personal cards had rates in the 7-9% range, BofA was 24.99% back then! The accounts payable was generally 30 days in arrears so BofA raked in an extra 2% (at least) on every transaction made using their card, beginning the day of purchase. My own cards began charging interest at the start of the next billing cycle (usually 30 days after purchase). BofA has been raping their customers for at least 25 years including the government yet in 2008 (I think) we (the American people) bailed their sorry A$$es out! Now they want to go beyond their own privacy policy (which lists who they share info with) and start deciding who is a terrorist among their customers and report that information to LE without request or warrant or reasonable suspicion.

Dumped them in the early 90's and make sure anyone who will listen is told what a bunch of scumbags they are. If you are still a customer you are supporting their behavior!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I worked for that organization for a number of years.

Y'all ain't got NO idea how bad it was...!  :huh: 

I could tell some stories, but won't here, as I don't wanna end up in jail or "disappeared."  :mellow:

I will say that in a one year period ('89), three of my colleagues died and I ended up in the cardiac ward.  One fella came out of the boss's office, went home and died.  Another came out of the boss's office, went into his office, closed the door, and died.  The third came out of the boss's office, went home, and did himself in.  When another colleague told my boss that I was in the hospital, his only comment was "When's he gonna be back?  There's work to be done!" 

My cardiologist told me he'd give me five years to either change my lifestyle (find a new job!), or start right then and there putting my affairs in order.  I was still in my 30's...  bein' the bright boy I was, a plan was set in motion and four years later I traded a high $$, ridiculously high stress career for a simple JOB and a life in the country.  Raised vegetables and a Kid and took up Cowboy Shooting.  And thirty+ years later I'm still kicking!  ^_^

As a Federal employee I was required to use a Government issued BOA credit card for my work related expenses.  For what that’s worth.

No way would I use BOA for personal charges.

I had an account with BofA only because I had a big issue with Wells Fargo, another scumbag outfit. My wife and I got an account with Security Pacific bank and left XXX bank. Soon after BofA bought out Security Pacific and we had such a hassle moving all our accounts over that we just grumbled and kept BofA for a few years. 
Now we deal with Chase. Another corporate bank that thinks they have a right and obligation to manipulate people. 

I am not an Anti-Corporate guy but I am anti-corporate in regards to social manipulation and suppression of freedoms and people’s rights. 

The ones I use here in Canada are affiliated M/C and VISA cards,

Both accounts are on a Pre-Authorized payment schedule and the funds are withdrawn from my band account on the due date.

The only one I have had trouble with is a Capital One-COSTCO/ M/C that doesn't do Pre-authorizations. There invoices sometimes don't arrive before the due date, so I can't get to the bank in time to pay them, thus attracting their high interest.

But that's OK. I just stopped using the card and overpaid it by a buck or two.

Now, I get statements every month showing a $1.23 credit on my account. 

6 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

But that's OK. I just stopped using the card and overpaid it by a buck or two.

Now, I get statements every month showing a $1.23 credit on my account. 

The only problem with that is some banks charge a fee just to maintain an account.  I've seen people sent to collections for not paying that fee on an unused account... which then accrued monthly late fees for not paying the "account fee..." and worse.  :huh:   :(

I dumped BOA in the 80's, they were involved in a major scandal. They are a very unethical bank.

I changed over to banking with USAA.  They don't even have a local branch but they are the easiest I've ever had to deal with.  And they answer the phone if you call.  Free checking, free checks, refund ATM fees.  I also have a credit card through a local credit union which is pretty reasonable.  

If B of A is selling us out, then ...............................................................

Archived