SASS Wire Forum

Go West

The wife found a sleeve of WSP primers. :lol: Me? I can't find my 1911 mags or my S&W holster. I swear I've looked everywhere, must be in plain sight. :( Nobody else does this, do they?

After 2 hours in the garage, I found those elusive magazines. The holster has had a bolo issued.

We moved 2 1/2 months ago...

And yes, I am doing it right now...

I can get something out to use, put it down because I saw something I was looking for a couple of months ago and when I go back the first item has disappeared.

Imis    (It happens a lot with targets when i am shooting, too)

Took me 2 1/2 years to find my Delta Elite  But I found it rite where I left it.I still don't remember putting it there.

Largo

Here is some really good advice. It's located at the last place you put it. 

The rest is up to you.:lol:

We moved to the farm almost 4 years ago  I still have boxes of stuff in the granary that aren't unpacked.    I was out there yesterday looking for a spare part for the reloader...   came across a small pile of ammo I forgot I even had.

What's worse is I'm pretty sure there is more out there... somewhere..

20210213_151712.jpg

53 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

We moved to the farm almost 4 years ago  I still have boxes of stuff in the granary that aren't unpacked.    I was out there yesterday looking for a spare part for the reloader...   came across a small pile of ammo I forgot I even had.

20210213_151712.jpg

Evil, you have lovely hands. ;):lol:

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Evil, you have lovely hands. ;):lol:

Lol. Nope  I need to redo the nail polish

In all my moves there have been a few times that things disappeared for quite a while before being found. 

In one move though, from Sacramento to Oregon stuff that came up missing was stolen. We rented a truck from Penske and through them we hired guys to come and load the truck. One or two of the 6 guys that showed (we only contracted 3) stole a porcelain doll worth hundreds, some crappy cheap tools in a good tool box, a Stetson 10X hat box with hat and a few other things. The two thieves, I believe, were the guys loading the truck. My wife and I could not watch everything going on. 

That Stetson hat box contained a palm straw hat that I paid $43 for at EOT 2002. I’ll bet they were surprised when they opened that box. 

The porcelain doll is what made me mad. That was my wife’s. The tools were a joke. The crappiest of crap in a Craftsman toolbox. 

I made sure those guys lost there contracts with Penske. 

14 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

The worst is when my wife cleans up the garage. Who the heck puts tools in the tool box?!?! They go on the boat! 

It goes right where I left it- so I can find it when I need it again.

There's many a reason that you should always return borrowed tools to exactly where you found them or place them in the lender's hands.

But mostly, it's so that he can't blame you when he can't find it after you return it.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, evil dogooder said:

20210213_151712.jpg

That right there is enough ammo to fund your trip to EOT

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

That right there is enough ammo to fund your trip to EOT

Actually that has been considered. Also selling some primers. I already sold one double action revolver to a friend.  I have an old pocket h&r .32 that's going next. 

I saw the prices vaqueros are bringing online as well.  $700 to over $1k for a decent old model.   I figure it will be around $1500 for entry, gas, food, travel, lodging.    

The hold back is how hard will it be to replace after.

41 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

Actually that has been considered. Also selling some primers. I already sold one double action revolver to a friend.  I have an old pocket h&r .32 that's going next. 

I saw the prices vaqueros are bringing online as well.  $700 to over $1k for a decent old model.   I figure it will be around $1500 for entry, gas, food, travel, lodging.    

The hold back is how hard will it be to replace after.

Just so you know MSRP for New Model Vaqueros is $700 to $800 depending on the exact model.

I couldn't find my car once after a football game at The Meadowlands in NJ. When parking security saw me wandering around, they stopped and asked where I had last seen it. I took out my keychain, held up my car key, and said "it was last stuck to this little device". They drove away......

4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Just so you know MSRP for New Model Vaqueros is $700 to $800 depending on the exact model.

Yep I know, but thank you

Archived