Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

CZ did it , are we going to see more product out of Colt now ?


Recommended Posts

CZG (Ceska Zbrojovka Group SE) announced the “definitive agreement to acquire 100% of the outstanding equity interest in Colt Holding Company, the parent company of Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC as well as its Canadian subsidiary, Colt Canada Corporation. The agreement calls for an upfront cash consideration of $220 million and issuance of 1,098,620 shares of newly issued CZG common stock, with a potential earnest considering of the same amount if EDBITDA thresholds are achieved in 2021-2023.
Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll have to wait and see but the Colts you own now will for sure go up in value! Someone on another Colt/CZ thread I started compared it to Marlin JM models.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

So another American company bites the dust 

 

That might be true, I guess, if CZ chooses to shutter Colt (very unlikely) or move all production overseas (also unlikely).

 

If production remains in the US, then ColtZ will still employ Americans, pay taxes in some state(s), and contribute to US industry; profits will go to shareholders, some of whom will undoubtedly be in the US.

 

A deal that keeps manufacturing jobs in the US is, all other things being equal, a good deal.  Let's wait to see what they actually do with the business before we start throwing stones.

 

LL

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

What sense would it make for a company like CZ to buy a business for millions of dollars and then shut it down?

This isn't some lame movie script where a deranged corporate bigwig buys up businesses to shut them down to monopolize a segment of manufacturing.

CZ has never been in any business "danger" from Colt. By buying Colt they acquire more factories to build more guns.

 

Here is a late news story with some details on the purchase.

https://www.reuters.com/article/czg-colt/corrected-czech-gunmaker-czg-buys-colt-in-cash-and-stock-deal-idUSL1N2KH3HO

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tall Tale Todd said:

I for one, am excited. I love Colt Guns and I love CZ guns. I'm looking forward to acquiring a ColtZ SAA.

I am also , with the custom CZ pistols the make and how good the Dan Wesson 1911’s are I’m betting we will see a busy colt custom shop . Probably more sponsorship of shooting events . I could easily see them building a sass set of revolvers,  CZ caters allot o the shooting sports. There may be some confit between DW And the colt 1911 for them . Right now one has the name and the other the quality 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

with a potential earnest considering of the same amount if EDBITDA thresholds are achieved in 2021-2023.

That line there will determine what new Colt will make, how many, and where. The demand for $2,000 Colt SA's is waining just like SASS. Unless you're buying a collectible why not get a Uberti clone? Why was Colt failing, high labor costs, poor management, a steadily declining market, or local cost to produce limitations?

I offer all of those were killing Colt.

Why did Colt stop making the civilian Ar-15. Same reasons and the market was saturated with guns of equal or better quality for less money.

Maybe CZ will reconfigure the line and make other guns of their design that fit the market better. The underlying thing is the business "has" to make a profit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never had a CZ. Don’t really care who makes a gun as long as it’s high quality.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

So another American company bites the dust 

 

Colt spent so many decades trying to hang itself with its own rope that I doubt foreign acquisition is a bad thing anymore.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Never had a CZ. Don’t really care who makes a gun as long as it’s high quality.

 

My only CZ is a Model 457 Lux .22 lr. It is a beautiful rifle, accurate, and top quality all 'round.

 

Fine firearms have been an international business for centuries, and the Czechs have always been among those at the top.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:
CZG (Ceska Zbrojovka Group SE) announced the “definitive agreement to acquire 100% of the outstanding equity interest in Colt Holding Company, the parent company of Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC as well as its Canadian subsidiary, Colt Canada Corporation. The agreement calls for an upfront cash consideration of $220 million and issuance of 1,098,620 shares of newly issued CZG common stock, with a potential earnest considering of the same amount if EDBITDA thresholds are achieved in 2021-2023.

 

I see that there is a Canadian connection.  Is it pronounced C Zee or C Zed ?  Asking for a Canadian friend.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

 

I see that there is a Canadian connection.  Is it pronounced C Zee or C Zed ?  Asking for a Canadian friend.

No idea I’m not a Canuck . Or a UP’er , UP’er is close to Canuck , A 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

 

I see that there is a Canadian connection.  Is it pronounced C Zee or C Zed ?  Asking for a Canadian friend.

 

 ......... the only correct pronunciation is ZED !    ^_^

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

See Zee here in the US.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't say Bed Ced or Ded, why would you say Zed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

 ..... s'pose that's ok, ........ if you want to be wrong ..... :huh:

I once told my old boss I was only right often enough to screw up my average.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

 ..... s'pose that's ok, ........ if you want to be wrong ..... :huh:

 

I suppose that it would be "zed"...if the company were founded or organized in part of the Empire; it is, however, a Czech outfit, and z's are silent. ;)

 

LL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if that's a good thing or not. When I shot lots of IPSC some 30 years ago a lot of the hot shots used those CZ75's (?) to build .38 Supers on cuz they held more rounds and still make major caliber. Most of the boys that used them alot had 2 or 3 of them so they could have one operational while the others were in the shop, kinda like junker cars. They didn't hold up too well to lots of rounds on a regular basis and were always breaking. I stuck with my Colt 1911s. Like SASS I never was a top flight shooter anyway so it made little difference.

JHC

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

 

I suppose that it would be "zed"...if the company were founded or organized in part of the Empire; it is, however, a Czech outfit, and z's are silent. ;)

 

LL

 

Nope. It's just a sideways misshapen "h"!:ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the U.S. officially entered WWII, a number of Americans went to Canada to volunteer for the RCAF or the RAF.  This was against the law!  To determine if any of the potential volunteers were really Americans, the officials asked the prospective volunteer to recite the alphabet.  When they came to the last letter, if the guy said "Zee", they were sent back to the U.S.  If they said, "Zed", they were accepted.  I had a late cousin who "went North", said the right thing and was accepted.  He served with the American Eagle Squadron in the RAF, and then transferred back to the U.S. Army Airforces when we entered the war.  He served in the U.S. Air Force until he passed from cancer.  So, if you go to Canada, the answer is "Zed".  (BTW, some cousins up there call gasoline "gazz". :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 10:01 AM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

 

That might be true, I guess, if CZ chooses to shutter Colt (very unlikely) or move all production overseas (also unlikely).

 

If production remains in the US, then ColtZ will still employ Americans, pay taxes in some state(s), and contribute to US industry; profits will go to shareholders, some of whom will undoubtedly be in the US.

 

A deal that keeps manufacturing jobs in the US is, all other things being equal, a good deal.  Let's wait to see what they actually do with the business before we start throwing stones.

 

LL

The point I was making is that Colt is like Winchester no longer an American company 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

The point I was making is that Colt is like Winchester no longer an American company 

And my Winchester is a damn fine rifle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

And my Winchester is a damn fine rifle. 

But is it a Winchester or Moroni

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henry T Harrison said:

But is it a Winchester or Moroni

Don't care. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

But is it a Winchester or Moroni

You mean Miroku? Probably, but they are a nice rifle!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You mean Miroku? Probably, but they are a nice rifle!

They also make allot of nice shotguns, I’ve got a Browning sxs and o/u they made . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.