SASS Wire Forum

CZ did it , are we going to see more product out of Colt now ?

Buckshot Bob

I'm thinking about retiring the 3 Colts that I use for CAS, I also have one unfired. I can use Uberti's until I see what happens. Methinks the prices on existing Colts are going to go waaaaay up! 

1 hour ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Darn corrective spell check 

It will probably be a pretty nice gun but it be a CZ not a Colt. The only thing left of Colt is the name 

Clearly, I don't know what CZ's plans are for Colt, but if the firearm is made in the same factory, utilizing the same tooling, by mostly the same people (I'm hoping they add jobs), and called the same name, how is it so different based on what the parent company is called or where they are located?

I can see arguments about Winchester, with Browning (Herstal) licensing the name, and none of them being produced in the U.S. that I am aware of, opting for Turkey, Portugal and Japan instead. 

11 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Clearly, I don't know what CZ's plans are for Colt, but if the firearm is made in the same factory, utilizing the same tooling, by mostly the same people (I'm hoping they add jobs), and called the same name, how is it so different based on what the parent company is called or where they are located?

I can see arguments about Winchester, with Browning (Herstal) licensing the name, and none of them being produced in the U.S. that I am aware of, opting for Turkey, Portugal and Japan instead. 

I agree Doc, but in the minds of  Colt collectors they won't be the same. This is good for us Colt owners!!! $$$$$$

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I agree Doc, but in the minds of  Colt collectors they won't be the same. This is good for us Colt owners!!! $$$$$$

A valid point. Since I never plan on getting rid of the two I own, and hope to hand them down, I figure I'll just keep shooting them.

2 hours ago, DocWard said:

A valid point. Since I never plan on getting rid of the two I own, and hope to hand them down, I figure I'll just keep shooting them.

I’ve got 3 that I’ve been shooting. I have one I bought in the summer that is unfired, I think I’ll keep that one unfired.

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

They won't be collectable when they are new. If they are still Colts, made here as Colts with continuity, then they too will probably be in due course. Who owns the stock shares won't matter. 

On 2/12/2021 at 9:26 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Never had a CZ. Don’t really care who makes a gun as long as it’s high quality.

Col. Cooper liked the CZ75 when they couldn't be imported into the US.  I have a CZ85 (Ambi 75) and it is a tack driver.  For me it's very ergonomic as opposed to Glocks due to grip angle grip angle.

P.S. I also have a CZ452 Silhouette which has a synthetic stock scope ring mounting groves.  This rifle groups 1 MOA at 100 yards.  I bought after researching silhouette shooting.  It was recommended as the best value; because, its' performance was equal to Winchester & Remington rifles costing twice as much.

On 2/14/2021 at 6:47 AM, Henry T Harrison said:

Darn corrective spell check 

It will probably be a pretty nice gun but it be a CZ not a Colt. The only thing left of Colt is the name 

To a lot of us Colt stopped being Colt when they moved out of the old Onion Dome factory and moved to West Hartford.

Archived