SASS Wire Forum

EOT Wild Bunch entry quirk

Buffalo Dick, SASS #12880

I am 26 on the EOT main match waiting list but I also applied for Wild Bunch. When I checked the Wild Bunch shooters list I found just 31 names and I wasn’t one of them!

I called the SASS office and they told me that they didn’t include names of people who applied for both matches and didn’t make the main match when they compiled  the Wild Bunch entrant names. They said they “assumed” that anyone not making the  cas match would not want to shoot WB. I told them that I will shoot WB regardless of whether I ultimately make the main match and they said they’ll add my name. I suspect there are others in the same situation; they should call the SASS office. 

For those wanting to shoot Wild Bunch even if they don't get to shoot cowboy, please don't call the SASS office just yet.  As you can imagine, they are still very busy finalizing all the cowboy registrations.

A revised application will be available early next week on the SASS website where you can register for WB if you are not yet accepted for cowboy or do not wish to shoot cowboy.  When it is available, it will be announced on the wire.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Dick, SASS #12880 said:

I am 26 on the EOT main match waiting list but I also applied for Wild Bunch. When I checked the Wild Bunch shooters list I found just 31 names and I wasn’t one of them!

I called the SASS office and they told me that they didn’t include names of people who applied for both matches and didn’t make the main match when they compiled  the Wild Bunch entrant names. They said they “assumed” that anyone not making the  cas match would not want to shoot WB. I told them that I will shoot WB regardless of whether I ultimately make the main match and they said they’ll add my name. I suspect there are others in the same situation; they should call the SASS office. 

From Misty's post the first 119 people at the front of the wait list are there from being signed up for EOT at Founders Ranch and have until March 1st to turn in their registration for the new location or be dropped from the wait list.  You are not the first to say they turned in new registration but are also on the wait list in that first group.  Appears they missed some and need to go back through them.

The published list of entrants stands at 384.  That leaves 116 spots left to be filled. As I understand it, those 116 slots represent the held over entries from the cancelled New Mexico EOT.  Those of us on the official wait list (I am #79, and was never going to New Mexico!) will move up only as any of those original entrants decline, or if any of those on the list of 384 have to back out.

CS

38 minutes ago, Count Sandor, SASS #74075 said:

The published list of entrants stands at 384.  That leaves 116 spots left to be filled. As I understand it, those 116 slots represent the held over entries from the cancelled New Mexico EOT.  Those of us on the official wait list (I am #79, and was never going to New Mexico!) will move up only as any of those original entrants decline, or if any of those on the list of 384 have to back out.

CS

OK guess I read her post and the list wrong.

9 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

OK guess I read her post and the list wrong.

Not necessarily, my info appears to have been wrong!  Latest list shows 408 entrants with 97 holds left, but I have moved up 9 spots on the wait list.  Folks that were ahead of me on the wait list have been added to the shooters list.  My apologies!

CS

17 hours ago, Legendary Lawman, SASS 73160 said:

For those wanting to shoot Wild Bunch even if they don't get to shoot cowboy, please don't call the SASS office just yet.  As you can imagine, they are still very busy finalizing all the cowboy registrations.

A revised application will be available early next week on the SASS website where you can register for WB if you are not yet accepted for cowboy or do not wish to shoot cowboy.  When it is available, it will be announced on the wire.

I started the registration effort online promptly at 11:00am monday, February 8. It was not until 12:33pm that I was able to break through and get my application submitted. Now, you are telling me that that application, which included Wild Bunch, counts for nothing and I can go through the whole *&%@#**%& process again using a Wild Bunch only application at some future date. I certainly hope you have that wrong! It seems that SASS could simply look at the applications already submitted and add those of us who applied for WB to the list of shooters or waiting list in the order received rather than ignoring those and making us run the electronic logjam/lottery a second time. If you are correct, someone needs to rethink this-it's not rocket science.

The EOT Entry Form is now available again on the SASS Website. I have also attached it here. Registration for the WB Match is still open, and we will continue taking entries to be placed on the wait list for the CAS match. 

Thanks everyone! 

Misty

EntryForm-EOT21-IN-Wait-WB.pdf

2 hours ago, Buffalo Dick, SASS #12880 said:

I started the registration effort online promptly at 11:00am monday, February 8. It was not until 12:33pm that I was able to break through and get my application submitted. Now, you are telling me that that application, which included Wild Bunch, counts for nothing and I can go through the whole *&%@#**%& process again using a Wild Bunch only application at some future date. I certainly hope you have that wrong! It seems that SASS could simply look at the applications already submitted and add those of us who applied for WB to the list of shooters or waiting list in the order received rather than ignoring those and making us run the electronic logjam/lottery a second time. If you are correct, someone needs to rethink this-it's not rocket science.

No no no- you don't have to start over. We called everyone who had registered for WB today and got it all sorted.  Just needed a little time to take a few more bites out of the elephant on our plate. 

Please give us a little credit. Yea, we may not be rocket scientists, but I've gone battle to brain with one in the past and came out on top. 

Misty

Buffalo Dick

First of all, you have to understand that the SASS staff are working countless long hours to make this EOT work.  There are also numerous volunteers committed to making this the best EOT they can considering all the circumstances.  Your problem getting registered had to do with the great interest in this match, not the fault of some individual.

Secondly. please read my post.  I am just letting people know that if they are interested in coming to EOT 2021 just to shoot Wild Bunch, we will take their application as we have room.  You don't have to go through the whole *&%@#**%& process again.

Thanks Misty and we appreciate all the hard work. My last post was precipitated by Legendary Lawman’s post on this thread about a new application for Wild Bunch. This thread was started by me and was addressed to those in a similar situation, i.e. not in the main match nor on the WB list despite having applied for both. LL’s comments didn’t apply to us although he didn’t draw that distinction. He probably should have posted that on a new thread. You clarified the situation as did LL in his most recent post. All is good. 

PS Is that rocket scientist a classic cowboy out of Alabama with his hat brim folded up in the front?

Archived