SASS Wire Forum

Federal 215 rifle primers

Jeb Stuart #65654

Maybe a new record.  Yesterday on Gun Broker 3 cases (15,000) Federal 215 Magnum large rifle primers sold for $7000.00.

No this isn't a misprint, 7 thousand dollars.  The buy now price was $10,000

I don't believe the buyer lives in my neighborhood.

I went through my ammo inventory and took out ammo in calibers I no longer have guns to shoot.  .270 and 22-250 primarily.

I sold 100 rounds of 22-250 on gun broker for $255, and he paid shipping.  Over $2.50 a round!

50 rounds of .410 for $100 and he paid shipping!

Heck, I sold 120 pieces of 22-250 brass and got $105, and he paid shipping!

I'm looking at the rest of my surplus ammo and thinking EOT isn't going to cost me anything this year.

I’ve sold probably 10 to 15 thousand gold medal match primers for $35.00 a thousand over the last few months. I guess I forgot to gouge people, under priced them $430.00 a thousand. That is crazy to pay that much.

29 minutes ago, John Boy said:

I’d take up darts before I’d pay scalper prices.....

I’m with you on that. If I can help a friend/Cowboy, I’ll cut them a deal. I gave away a box of 9 mm and a box of .308 to friends in need. But if I’m selling on Gunbroker I want the going rate.

I wish I had a bridge to sell the knuckleheads who paid $7000 for the primers. Do they really think someone is really going to pay those prices.

Nawlins

7 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I’m with you on that. If I can help a friend/Cowboy, I’ll cut them a deal. I gave away a box of 9 mm and a box of .308 to friends in need. But if I’m selling on Gunbroker I want the going rate.

This ^^^^

To my cowboy friends,

I have already given out 3k to cowfolks with the understanding if things ever calm down just replace them.

I have given away about 1K of 45 ACP to a friend after he reloaded it on my press with my components because he had a new gun and no ammo. And I gained a reloading buddy.:)

To my wifes BFF, when they came over for a visit I taught the husband to reload 9mm. He seemed surprised that I just gave him what he had reloaded and they ended up with an older holster for a Shield that was laying around.

I have sold powder to some who were out at the price I bought it for so they had something to use to shoot. (gets really lonely on the stage by yourself)

Taking care of friends and family is what cowboys do, and if I can help out I will.

But .....

If it were on a sales site whatever the going rate is would be my price.

Somebody out there has that much money, wants it that much and is willing to make the deal... so be it.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I'm still providing new shooters in need match ammo for free, but much as I hate to say it, that won't be able to go on much longer unless I get more Federal SPP.  Fortunately we have a complete Buckaroo setup once again and 10-15 thousand rounds of .22, so if needed I'll start bringing that stuff to matches just in case. 

Archived