SASS Wire Forum

Are you as tired as I am?...

Singin' Sue 71615

Well...  yeah.

'Specially since I knew some folks who died, two good friends who each spent a week in the hospital, one later had a stroke, and nine people in my family have had it with varying impacts ~ an 82-year old aunt who's been on full-time oxygen for two years pulled through handily.  But a 49-year old male cousin (former San Bernardino County Deputy Sheriff) said it was so horrid he literally thought of shooting himself.

Yup.  I'm tired of it.  :(

40 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I am sooooooo tired of hearing "because if Covid-19..."

Seriously...stop using it as an excuse!

Never have I heard "because of...

Flu

Sars

Cancer

Diabetes

Heart Failure

Ect.

You weren’t listening.

Its a biological event, just a reminder of the hubris of humans who think they are on charge.

Now that there are multiple mutations it has become part of the established biosphere we have to be aware of.

It ain't goin away. Its time to learn to deal with it.

It certainly provides a catch all excuse to cover up anything else for many companies, businesses, schools etc.  it can be used without much pushback or question, often with well planned and profitable reasons behind it.  

I'm tired of the line, "In these trying times...". BS. Go back in time 100, 200, 500, 1000 years if you want trying times. 

:angry:

36 minutes ago, JD Lud said:

Hey, on the good side the US has seen a 98% reduction in flu hospitalizations...fact you can look up.  Amazing....no one saw that coming....

New reimbursement math flu = Covid   = more money for the treatment. Or COVID cured the flu.

12 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Well...  yeah.

'Specially since I knew some folks who died, two good friends who each spent a week in the hospital, one later had a stroke, and nine people in my family have had it with varying impacts ~ an 82-year old aunt who's been on full-time oxygen for two years pulled through handily.  But a 49-year old male cousin (former San Bernardino County Deputy Sheriff) said it was so horrid he literally thought of shooting himself.

Yup.  I'm tired of it.  :(

I get that, really...and allow me to offer prayers.

I know it is a real illness...and a mess if one...

But never have we shut down an entire WORLD for an illness.

NEVER had we used an illness to allow the STUPIDITY some states are allowing.

That was my point.

6 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Its a biological event, just a reminder of the hubris of humans who think they are on charge.

Now that there are multiple mutations it has become part of the established biosphere we have to be aware of.

It ain't goin away. Its time to learn to deal with it.

Agreed...it is here, will be here...

Mising my point.

Tired of States, Businesses using the excuse of it to give reason for poor quality service, ect.

3 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

The ON/OFF switch on the TV remote can fix that for you Sue.  :)

Right???

We have not had 'TV' on, or radio for so long now.

We were wsnting to see the weather last night...and in a very short time, had to mute the 'news' untill we saw the weather.

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Right???

We have not had 'TV' on, or radio for so long now.

We were wsnting to see the weather last night...and in a very short time, had to mute the 'news' untill we saw the weather.

That ain't news. That is hyporbole

I tried watching what was labeled as news on TV in a doctor's office yesterday. Live coverage on Fox of the impeachment fiasco.

That wasn't news. It was propaganda. Had my fill of that. Maybe I'll look again in a few months.  Yes, I said "Fox" - Fox News Live in L.A.

I just hope that when all the impeachment crap is over that someone is able to successfully excoriate these self serving, “Hey! Look at ME!”  politicians for wasting their time and our money in this USLESS, counterproductive, divisive exercise in wasteful futility!!

They should follow the advice given in the title of their major benefactor’s, (George Soros) website, MOVE ON!!

And yeah, Sue!! You’re right!!

I'm also tired of not being able to find Federal LP primers. ;)

6 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Covid-19 must be a cure for "Old Age", 'cause no one is dyin' from that anymore! :huh:

It's Natural Causes that I worry about.  I've heard of people who die of Natural Causes, but I've never heard of anyone recovering from Natural Causes!!!

I hope I never get Natural Causes.

21 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I am sooooooo tired of hearing "because if Covid-19..."

Seriously...stop using it as an excuse!

Never have I heard "because of...

Flu

Sars

Cancer

Diabetes

Heart Failure

Ect.

with you on this one , 

i see we are not well received , but then again its not the first time ive been in the minority , im happy here and ready for all this covid crap to go away , 

21 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Tired, yes.  Lots of things in life are hard and tiresome.  Press on.

This "Boyd's Bear" sat on my desk for years.  ^_^

1196958268_PressOn1.thumb.jpg.1a0c327560e46bc0ae8e4641cb1a7fa0.jpg1829750846_PressOn2.thumb.jpg.c928f6de201318178bba67a53b86b7f7.jpg

There is more than one vaccine, they have more than 100 million plus doses, what I heard was they have or will shortly have enough to vaccinate the entire country. The vaccines are 90% effective, per their reports. Per reports of positive tests indicating that for every one positive test there are 10 cases never tested for as they are too mild there would be an estimated almost 70% of the population who have had it, those individuals have immunity or some level of immunity. That means we are well on the way, if the statistics from the government are accurate, to herd immunity where enough people have had it that the disease can no longer spread as easily as so many people are not viable hosts. 

With the vaccine the chances of a fatal infection for the average individual drops to much less than the average flu. So yes, it is time to move on as a country and get back to living and get back to business and work. 

There are mutations, all such viruses mutate - well do they remove the efficacy of the vaccines? No answer. Are the mutations more lethal of less lethal as is generally the case with mutations? No answers are given. Are people who have had the virus at significant risk of being infected by the mutated virus? Again no answer. But all the above are scare mongered in the media and by people in authority. 

Right now Covid with the vaccine is a much much lower risk than regular flu, without the vaccine it was about 2 and a half times more lethal. 

So yes it is time to end the panic and start living again. Stop the closures and open up. The country and this world have been through much worse pandemics. No one is suggesting it not be taken seriously, but neither should it be continued to be used as an excuse to keep schools closed, businesses shuttered, and the economy crippled; or for the government to do end runs around the Bill of Rights. 

11 hours ago, Raylan said:

There is more than one vaccine, they have more than 100 million plus doses, what I heard was they have or will shortly have enough to vaccinate the entire country. The vaccines are 90% effective, per their reports. Per reports of positive tests indicating that for every one positive test there are 10 cases never tested for as they are too mild there would be an estimated almost 70% of the population who have had it, those individuals have immunity or some level of immunity. That means we are well on the way, if the statistics from the government are accurate, to herd immunity where enough people have had it that the disease can no longer spread as easily as so many people are not viable hosts. 

With the vaccine the chances of a fatal infection for the average individual drops to much less than the average flu. So yes, it is time to move on as a country and get back to living and get back to business and work. 

There are mutations, all such viruses mutate - well do they remove the efficacy of the vaccines? No answer. Are the mutations more lethal of less lethal as is generally the case with mutations? No answers are given. Are people who have had the virus at significant risk of being infected by the mutated virus? Again no answer. But all the above are scare mongered in the media and by people in authority. 

Right now Covid with the vaccine is a much much lower risk than regular flu, without the vaccine it was about 2 and a half times more lethal. 

So yes it is time to end the panic and start living again. Stop the closures and open up. The country and this world have been through much worse pandemics. No one is suggesting it not be taken seriously, but neither should it be continued to be used as an excuse to keep schools closed, businesses shuttered, and the economy crippled; or for the government to do end runs around the Bill of Rights. 

I would say it’s almost time. Not quite yet but we’re getting close. The shots are still pretty much for health care workers and the over 65 crowd. And some states are doing a poor job. Nobody wants things to return to Norma, more than me but we’re not at the goal line yet. Don’t spike the ball at the 1 yard line.

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Can't see your teddy!

Try it now, Sue~!   ^_^

Archived