SASS Wire Forum

Help identifying these cylinder pins

Sarge

I believe these a Ruger Cylinder pins, but there are obvious differences.  The blue pin has only short retaining cut, while the two stainless pins are both cut all the way around.  I believe these go to Old Model Ruger Vaqueros.  The shorter one with the flat head has me stumped though.  

IMG_0707.JPG

The shortest one looks like the same one I have on my original model vaqueros in 3-3/4” barrels.  
Do you have two of these?  If so bring them on Saturday.  

I am 99% sure the upper one of the two longer ones is from Ruger Old Model Vaquero.  Look exactly like the ones in mine anyway.  The middle one is missing the grove on the long side of the pin.

Is the middle one possibly from a Ruger Blackhawk 3 Screw?  I do not have any of those to check.

26 minutes ago, Sinola Kid said:

The shortest one looks like the same one I have on my original model vaqueros in 3-3/4” barrels.  
Do you have two of these?  If so bring them on Saturday.  

No, I only have one of the short pins, but that would make sense.  I'll bring it along.  I do have several of the other blue and stainless pins.

8 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

I am 99% sure the upper one of the two longer ones is from Ruger Old Model Vaquero.  Look exactly like the ones in mine anyway.  The middle one is missing the grove on the long side of the pin.

Is the middle one possibly from a Ruger Blackhawk 3 Screw?  I do not have any of those to check.

Could be.  They were in a box of parts.  I have several of the blue and stainless longer pins.  They were all in a box marked only "Vaquero."

1 hour ago, The Blarney Kid said:

It's not off a 3-screw Blackhawk. The Blackhawk pin has no shoulder.

20210211_144202.jpg

20210211_150127.jpg

Yes, the middle pin does have a notch on the opposite side of the shoulder.  I'm thinking these all were for Old Model Vaqueros the way they were packaged  and labeled.  They may be aftermarket.  All of the other parts are consistent with OMV parts and part numbers.   

The spring loaded pins on the end are for moving the transfer bar out of the way of the firing pin when cocking the pistol. That said, all three look to be from original Vaqueros (pre-New Vaquero). The bottom one is from the "sheriffs model" 3-1/2" Vaquero. 

8 minutes ago, Bramble Mountain Buzzard said:

The spring loaded pins on the end are for moving the transfer bar out of the way of the firing pin when cocking the pistol. That said, all three look to be from original Vaqueros (pre-New Vaquero). The bottom one is from the "sheriffs model" 3-1/2" Vaquero. 

Thank you.

Archived