SASS Wire Forum

Waimea Ain't Dead...Yet

Waimea

To the Moderators:

If this ain't allowed feel free to delete without prejudice.

Some observant and concerned cowboys noticed that my website has mostly unavailable products and that I am selling bullet molds in the Wire Classifieds.

Let's stomp out a few rumors and misconceptions.

This will be a huge relief to most folks that know me.

I AIN'T DYIN'! (yet)

More important

OUTLAW BULLETS IS STILL AROUND.

I am replacing old molds with newer ones to make an even better product. 

With the pandemic a ragin' all around us and because of some personal health issues that caught my attention I decided to slow down a bit on the away trips. 

I can always be contacted through my Website. Texting is best. Email 2nd.

Phone is bad. Can't hear in the shop. Too tired at night.:lol:

Thanks for your concern!

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Glad to hear the rumors I started are not true.  Actually, I didn't start them.  I just added to them and passed them on.   Just trying to throw the tax man off your trail.   Looking forward to seeing you again so I can stock up on some more of those Outlaw Bullets.

58 minutes ago, Waimea said:

To the Moderators:

If this ain't allowed feel free to delete without prejudice.

Some observant and concerned cowboys noticed that my website has mostly unavailable products and that I am selling bullet molds in the Wire Classifieds.

Let's stomp out a few rumors and misconceptions.

This will be a huge relief to most folks that know me.

I AIN'T DYIN'! (yet)

More important

OUTLAW BULLETS IS STILL AROUND.

I am replacing old molds with newer ones to make an even better product. 

With the pandemic a ragin' all around us and because of some personal health issues that caught my attention I decided to slow down a bit on the away trips. 

I can always be contacted through my Website. Texting is best. Email 2nd.

Phone is bad. Can't hear in the shop. Too tired at night.:lol:

Thanks for your concern!

Waimea

:FlagAm:

We were wondering!:wub:

16 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

Boy, do I feel silly for starting that humor. Haha 

I’m gonna start a new humor that I had something to do with you having “Outlaw” under your name

I seem to have lost that designation.

Good to hear from you Pard!  Thought I might bump into you at the Darkness Double Header, but you were no where to be seen.  Preacherman was too busy trying to keep an eye on me to spend much time letting us know how you were doin'.  Glad to see you are on the mend.

Hopefully, we will see you at the Ides.  I still got squibby in my change purse for you!  :P

1081855904_BulletNamedSquib.thumb.jpg.eec39ae184025589ff40df7baf3b6e2c.jpg

How can the Moderators be prejudice against a dead person?

How can they possibly delete a historical post by someone who longer exist?

Who is this Waimea impersonator?   Could it be 'Preacherman'?

..........Widder

Glad to hear it, Waimea! Things are tough all over and I have noticed you were outta stock on my favorite bullets.

Ramp it back up when ya can and mark me down for some boxes of 200 gr .45s. :D

Take care and see ya soon.

Originally the following was written for Mark Twain, but it’s been modified for Mr. Waimea.

In 1897, an English journalist from the New York Journal contacted Waimea to inquire whether the rumors that he was gravely ill or already dead were indeed true. Waimea wrote a response, part of which made it into the article that ran in the Journal on June 2, 1897:

Waimea was undecided whether to be more amused or annoyed when a Journal representative informed him today of the report in New York that he was dying in poverty in London ... The great cowboy/bullet maker, while not perhaps very robust, is in the best of health. He said: ‘I can understand perfectly how the report of my illness got about, I have even heard on good authority that I was dead. James Ross Waimea, a cousin of mine, was seriously ill two or three weeks ago in London, but is well now. The report of my illness grew out of his illness. The report of my death was an exaggeration.’

Cowboys and rumors go hand in hand.  Someone told me several months ago that they had heard I had “gone out of business”... :ph34r:   I, too, set my website to show out of stock because I don’t want backorders when I’m not sure I can’t ship. 

I’m pretty sure that it was that other Outlaw, @Bo Dacious, who started that nasty rumor! :blink:

Glad you’re alive...and kicking...for now anyway! :wub:

Hugs, 

Your Buddy Scarlett

26 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Cowboys and rumors go hand in hand.  Someone told me several months ago that they had heard I had “gone out of business”... :ph34r:   I, too, set my website to show out of stock because I don’t want backorders when I’m not sure I can’t ship. 

I’m pretty sure that it was that other Outlaw, @Bo Dacious, who started that nasty rumor! :blink:

Glad you’re alive...and kicking...for now anyway! :wub:

Hugs, 

Your Buddy Scarlett

Nope, never said he was dead, just scared. 

I can verify that he ain't dead as I see'd him for real last month, unless this is an update or a web villain causin' trouble. Hope to see you again next week, will verify. Oh, locals should come to Punta Gorda to our annual match and verify for your own self. 8 great stages and food, ice cream!

21 minutes ago, Preacherman said:

I can verify that he ain't dead as I see'd him for real last month, unless this is an update or a web villain causin' trouble. Hope to see you again next week, will verify. Oh, locals should come to Punta Gorda to our annual match and verify for your own self. 8 great stages and food, ice cream!

Yes, but how do we know that you are really you vouching for him really being him?

Wow! Good point as I am cleaver. I guess that you'll have come to Florida and find out! Nice time to come, 84 degrees and sunny today.

I was just in the woods of North Florida a couple weeks ago and had a confirmed sighting of a Waimea. Are you sure he is dead?

7 minutes ago, Preacherman said:

Wow! Good point as I am cleaver. I guess that you'll have come to Florida and find out! Nice time to come, 84 degrees and sunny today.

That's cruel and unusual Preacherman.  I'm still shoveling.  Half way done at my Mom's, only another 100' to go.  Third time this year, with maybe 1/2" of ice coming this weekend.

16130725928207819463149453111854.thumb.jpg.9b2a8de990de42ae7783776d4f916374.jpg

Who is Waimea? Is he a 3-gun guy or sumpin?

3 hours ago, Max Payne said:

Who is Waimea? 

Can anyone ever really know another person?

Do we even really know ourselves?

:lol:

Never thought differently, if you had passed I would have felt the disturbance in the FORCE.

You do seem to be a little philosophical and zenish lately. 

Glad you are doing well, I need someone to help pick up the pieces when Creek or I explode on a stage.

26 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Never thought differently, if you had passed I would have felt the disturbance in the FORCE.

You do seem to be a little philosophical and zenish lately. 

Glad you are doing well, I need someone to help pick up the pieces when Creek or I explode on a stage.

Just trying to keep some folks from shoveling dirt on my face before it's time.:lol:

I'm afraid you and Creek are on your own for this coming BG.:(

The weeds seem quite taller than normal lately. 

Archived