SASS Wire Forum

Which match was THIS?

Constable Nelson #11784

2005?

2005 was the first year for EOT at FR. It was over the last weekend of April. Yes, there was a light dusting of snow early on side match day.

The snow was gone by mid morning and it go a little muddy. The weather for the rest of the match was very pleasant. Our range in Cheyenne is the same elevation, just 600 miles further north, I thought the weather was wonderful at FR in April.

Constable...if it was not the 2005 EOT, then it was most likely the 2007 Buffalo Stampede (State Match back then) held the 3rd weekend of April (around the 24th...we spent many anniversary there)

We had a beautiful day of shooting, then Sat night as we all headed in to the Belle Union for pot luck, it started a crazy blizzard!!!

The set up of the wagon was during that match as well...retrieved the shotty from the back.

Since a Texas star was being shot, I would presume it was set up for a Wild Bunch match at the time.

good luck, GJ

I think Sue is right Buffalo Stampede it was cold and the snow fell sideways.

It did snow at the first EOT at Founders Ranch in 2005, and sleet, and rain, and had mud. Had a Great Time and purchased a wool confederate great coat from Coon Creek and stayed warm the whole match.  Still have that coat. :rolleyes:

Yes I was!  I drove my rental car into one of the parking bays up the hill (I knew the closer ones were reserved) and sank in mud to the axles immediately!  Lol.   a kind gentleman with an F250 dragged it out...... sideways....lol

4 minutes ago, Constable Nelson #11784 said:

Yes I was!  I drove my rental car into one of the parking bays up the hill (I knew the closer ones were reserved) and sank in mud to the axles immediately!  Lol.   a kind gentleman with an F250 dragged it out...... sideways....lol

Well now....it was one or the other match!!!:blush:

Both at Founders and BOTH frozen!!

-3 at the house this morning!!!

On 2/11/2021 at 6:45 AM, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Since a Texas star was being shot, I would presume it was set up for a Wild Bunch match at the time.

good luck, GJ

I don't think there was any WB other than on club levels at that time. WB officially started 2008, or around that time?

I was there.They had blades moving MUD most of the night.

Largo

Archived