SASS Wire Forum

What's your EDC (everyday carry)

Raylan

So, after carrying mostly the same stuff carried mostly the same way for the last 5 to 10 years with a piece replaced here or there year to year - I've decided to intentionally redo and rethink my EDC - new gun, new holster, new belt, new wallet, new checkbook, new key holder, new knife, new flashlight, (phone is new already), and a EDC sling with medical (tourniquet, israeli bandage, gauze, tape), multitool, batteries for phone and flashlight, and extras to carry in vehicle. 

So, what's your EDC that you carry on your person and what brand or style?

Wallet

Checkbook - probably a lot don't carry it anymore, I use mine as a second wallet with extra cash and ID. 

Knife

Flashlight

Firearm - (extra mag?)

Keys

Phone

Belt

Watch

Other stuff?

Do you have a EDC you take in a vehicle?

Depends on weather and what's going on or where I'm going.

Always pocket knife

S&W 4026

Taurus 85

Jennings J-22

Wallet - traditional leather wallet one of my son's gave me a few years back.

Checkbook - don't carry one.

Knife - a little inexpensive Kershaw folder.

Flashlight - don't carry one, though there is one in my phone.

Firearm - Colt Commander in .45 with two spare Wilson Combat 8 round mags.  Carried OWB in a Wilson Combat Lo-Profile holster.  Ammo is Federal Hydra-Shok.

Keys -  Not sure about this question.  Yes, I carry keys, as few as possible.  Very glad I don't need to take one out to get into or start my car.

Phone - Iphone 10

Belt - quite a few from Bullhide Belts

Watch - don't wear one, or any kind of jewelry either. 

Car gun - S&W j frame in .38 special with some rounds I loaded up myself.  I've been considering an AR for the car, or maybe a bullpup design rifle like a Tavor 7. 

Wallet, knife, keys and phone.  Then it depends on what I'm wearing.  First choice is a Kimber Ultra Carry.  Other options include a Ruger LCR or LCP if I lack the cover for the Kimber.

1. Glock 26 with a 19 mag carried in a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster

2. Beretta Pico .380 in back let pocket in a self-made wallet holster

3. Benchmade 4" axis lock tactical knife in left front pocket

4. Gerber folding LST for actually cutting stuff

5. Leatherman Micra (with a plyers instead of the scissors)  

Living in the South with high temperatures and humidity makes wearing a vest of light jacket unbearable for much of the year.  Most everything I carry needs to fit in a pair of jeans or shorts. 

If it was cool for an old "ethnically challenged" guy to carry a gun purse (man-satchel),  I would upgrade to a bigger handgun, extra mags, and a bigger tactical fixed blade knife.

Desert Eagle .50AE on my left hip w/2 extra mags, 4" .500 S&W mag on my right w/2 extra speed loaders, 12g Mossberg Shockwave hanging under my right arm, a Raven .25acp in my boot top w/2 extra mags, and a Freedom Arms mini .22 in my belly button in case nothing else works.

:ph34r:

OK... Fitbit watch/fitness tracker thingie on my wrist, phone, wallet, Olight Baton light on a lanyard around my neck, Buck 307 pocket knife, 12' Stanley tape measure, S&W M36 on right hip or Kahr CM9 in my pocket.

Springfield Arms Range Officer "Champion Operator" .45 ACP

VZ Double Diamond thin grips

Factory magazine in firearm

Blackhawk full-size 1911 holster, 1" cut off end to Range Officer length

Blackhawk double mag carrier

Pair of Wilson Combat 8-round magazines with extended sole plate

Hornady Critical Defense ammo in all mags

Bullhide steel-core belt

Montana Silver Smiths buckle (just 'cuz)

Sheffield folding replaceable blade box knife (same as Home Depot, but says Sheffield)

Lighter

Smokes

Keys

Wallet

Cell phone

16 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Clothes are my every day "carry" and the world is a better place for it.

Oh yes, I left out jeans, socks, shoes, t-shirt, shirt.. Might look odd otherwise :o Plus, I don't need the jealous and envious looks.

Sig 239 IWB OR

SCCY 9mm pocket

Cold Steel Medium Tanto

wallet

keys

baby Streamlight [triple AAA]

Wristwatch

Cell phone

Aside from the Para 13-45 that I carry open, most of the time, the rest is for me to know and, hopefully, for others to never find out!

3 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Desert Eagle .50AE on my left hip w/2 extra mags, 4" .500 S&W mag on my right w/2 extra speed loaders, 12g Mossberg Shockwave hanging under my right arm, a Raven .25acp in my boot top w/2 extra mags, and a Freedom Arms mini .22 in my belly button in case nothing else works.

:ph34r:

OK... Fitbit watch/fitness tracker thingie on my wrist, phone, wallet, Olight Baton light on a lanyard around my neck, Buck 307 pocket knife, 12' Stanley tape measure, S&W M36 on right hip or Kahr CM9 in my pocket.

CRKT M16 3.5” knife

Victorinox Signature knife

Olight mini light

Keys

Comb

small tubs of nicotine lozenges

I never carry a gun. They scare me. :P

Let's see....

Jeep keys.

House keys.

Small lock back, stainless, single blade pocket knife.

Cell phone. 

Leather pouch to hold my driver's license/license to carry/credit cards/health cards.

Money clip for bills.

Loose change.

Pen

Sugar-free chewing gum, in case I get lucky. (so far I have not needed it).

Neckerchief.

An angel token, made out of a coin, given to me by a friend...about the size of a nickel.

An old Morgan silver dollar.

A pocket watch, that I have to remember to wind.

A Colt Cobra D.A. revolver, 2" barrel, in .38 special, in the spring, summer, & fall.

A Steyr-Mannlicher, semi-auto, in .357 Sig, in the overcoat wearing winter months.

Th Th Th That's All Folks!!!

W.K.

Colt 1911 commander 9mm, a 2 blade Old Timer pocket knife and my billfold.

Dont even have a checkbook anymore, use electronic bill pay for most everything, even the auto loan, does anyone still use paper checks these days?lol

I use paper checks to pay my bills. I had some fraudulent charges when I paid them electronically, so I went back to paper checks, and mail them in, using the ole slow post office. Since I have been doing that, I have not had any problems. Yeah, yeah, I know...others have had no problems using electronic payments, and automatic debits on your money in the bank. Okay...point is...I have! 

Yep...I buy stamps, envelopes, ink pens, write checks, go to the post office, go in, mail them. I like doing that. I am also hoping it ticks the company's bone-head managers off, that I do it the old school way. 

I would not have it any other way. 

18 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

^ Brave man! I'd be more worried about my own Jennings shooting me than a crook! :wacko:

Simple, chamber empty. When I first got it around 1990 I knew that safety wasn't worth a hoot. 

14 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Aside from the Para 13-45 that I carry open, most of the time, the rest is for me to know and, hopefully, for others to never find out!

I also have a couple .460 Rowland's that will sometimes travel with me in the truck.   Heaven have mercy should they ever

have to 'strut their stuff'.    Thought about naming them Gabriel and Michael... ;)

..........Widder

11 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I also have a couple .460 Rowland's that will sometimes travel with me in the truck.   Heaven have mercy should they ever

have to 'strut their stuff'.    Thought about naming them Gabriel and Michael... ;)

..........Widder

I don’t normally name stuff, Ol’ Green, my old Dually pickup being one exception, but I’ve thought maybe Cerberus would be appropriate for that Para and perhaps Hades for the 14-45 stainless with the 20 round magazine that co-habitates with it.

My 2 favorite carry guns 

1970s vintage Colt Light Weight Commander . 45 acp with enough mods,to make it function perfectly and a good set of sights,.

I carry it in a custom made pancake style holster . Been my favorite  for 40 + years

2. Newest is a S&W Shield in 40 S&W. This Is an ehanced model with fiber optic sights ,enhanced trigger and a ported barrel.

Carried in a pants pocket or in a Galco iwb holster

Well redid most all of everyday carry today

1. keys on carbon fiber key holder (house and work) - excluding the dang huge car key which is attached using  a ring and then a solo extra car key - right front pocket

2. Black Kershaw Boa assisted opening knife clipped into right front pocket

3. Thrunite 1000 lumens waterproof led flashlight with tail switch off & on click and separate power selection button on side with power charge indicator, runs on rechargable 18650 battery clipped inside left front pocket.

4. Samsung galaxy xcover with replaceable battery, 64gb memory with 256 gb memory card, spigen case with tempered glass screen protector in clip on belt magnetic flap closure soft leather case clipped to left front pocket. 

5.  Olight I3T 180 lumen AAA battery flashlight in elastic pen holder strap on the side of the phone case. 

6. Leather wallet black with ID, Debit Card, and money clip with cash in back left pocket.

7. Leather checkbook case black with extra ID, cards, and cash.

8. Hank's leather belt black - (soon to be replaced by Kore black leather belt with rachet adjustment).

9. Glock 43x 9mm with Talon pro grips and Ameriglo spartan night sights and Shield Arms S15 15 round magazine. (this was before the tragic boating accident, still grieving). in a simple Safariland model 27 IWB - leather covered kydex on left side belt 8 o'clock.

10. Single mag carrier with extra pistol mag on belt OWB, bullets forward, 4 o'clock.

11. CRKT Spew fixed blade small knife in custom black horizontal kydex holster on left side OWB at 2 to 3 o'clock.

12. Ink pen clipped to top of tshirt collar.

13. Glasses on face. (New glasses are next).

For clothes just wear blue or black blue jeans (not big name brands)- a black t-shirt at work - or a snarky t-shirt if off - covered by a long sleeve dress shirt untucked and unbuttoned with sleeves (find a lot of shirts at Goodwill or the like) rolled up just below elbows, then underwear, socks, and tennis shoes or boots. Hat optional.

Also have a small black sling nylon backpack which can also be worn as a fanny pack - that I throw in the car, bike saddle bags, take to range, try to take it with me whenever I leave home, though it's often left in the car. It has other possibles:

1. RAT tourniquet

2. Israeli bandage

3. Roll of gauze.

4. medical tape.

5. antiboitic ointment.

6. signal blocking pouch for phone

7. extra batteries for phone 1, larger flashlight 2.

8. phone plug charger for car and wall outlet

9. Leatherman surge with bit kit, extension, extra blades.

11 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I don’t normally name stuff, Ol’ Green, my old Dually pickup being one exception, but I’ve thought maybe Cerberus would be appropriate for that Para and perhaps Hades for the 14-45 stainless with the 20 round magazine that co-habitates with it.

I named my shotgun Sally. After Sally Struthers. Because I can't feed her fast enough.:ph34r:

I carry different sidearms according to where I'm planning on being that day. Usually it is one of my 8 shot 357 or 6 shot 44 smiths. Usually a Sig 9mm p938 as backup. Usually a 300 blk AR pistol in the truck that fits into a 7" lunchbox. And sometimes other stuff. Depending.

Archived