SASS Wire Forum

EOT processing update on the wire...

Singin' Sue 71615

Not envious of Misty and her staff in this endeavor. 

Who would submit their application and not pick their shooting classification? Seems a bit daft to me. 
I would be afraid my application would be tossed out. 

I hope everyone that wanted to go to EOT from the Saloon gets to go. I had a great time at the 3 EOTs I attended in 2002, 2003 and 2004. 

53 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Who would submit their application and not pick their shooting classification? Seems a bit daft to me. 
I would be afraid my application would be tossed out. 

The problem was with the sign-up program and/or the volume of applications in a very short time.  The first page had drop-downs for selecting age/category -which everyone used - but when going to the second page, there would be a message of "no category selected."  Some folks resorted to entering the age/category in the "comments/instructions" box, others just submitted as was.  I never was able to even get to that page - locked up completely every time I tried - so after a half-hour I downloaded and printed the actual form, then faxed it.  It arrived, we'll see if I got in that way.

CS

2 hours ago, Count Sandor, SASS #74075 said:

The problem was with the sign-up program and/or the volume of applications in a very short time.  The first page had drop-downs for selecting age/category -which everyone used - but when going to the second page, there would be a message of "no category selected."  Some folks resorted to entering the age/category in the "comments/instructions" box, others just submitted as was.  I never was able to even get to that page - locked up completely every time I tried - so after a half-hour I downloaded and printed the actual form, then faxed it.  It arrived, we'll see if I got in that way.

CS

Hey Count, my brother from another mother,  did you signed up for EOT?  

9 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Y'all do resemble each other!!:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, we haven't seen much of each other for a while, and I suspect the resemblance may have faded - I am no longer the svelte fellow portrayed in the avatar!  There was a time, however, when we did have some fun confusing folks...

True story - A big match at Sparta, Illinois a few years ago (back before the state slipped even further into the cesspool). Early Sunday morning while walking/studying the stages, I stopped at the food vendor for a cup of coffee.  I was greeted unusually warmly.  I handed over my $1, and received $5 back in change, along with the explanation that someone had left the money with the vendor to give to me as a donation for all the good work I do.  I thanked him, told him I would pass it on, walked down to the chapel where the real Reverend Willy was conducting Cowboy Church, and handed over the $5.  I don't know if the vendor ever did figure it out.

Somewhere there is a picture of the two of us in costume - I got the height, but Reverend Willy got the better mustache!

CS

Archived