SASS Wire Forum

WTB - Lyman bullet sizing dies

Howdy folks. New shooter here who picked a fine time to start burning a lot of ammo!  Anyway - looking for some sizing dies for my Lyman 45 and always seem to be a minute late when you guys post em. 

Looking for .356, .358, .430 and .452

PM me with any feedback, please!

JJ

Do some research for yourself,  but I think RCBS will fit the Lyman 45.  This will double your chances. 

From MidwayUSA.  

Fits RCBS Lube-A-Matic-2 Bullet Sizer/Lubricator and the Lyman 450/4500 Lube Sizer. 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010266918

https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/13910

https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/13913

Thanks Warden!  I do believe you’re right. The catalogues always mention the 450/4500 for interchangability but not the 45. I recon ‘cause they haven’t made the 45 for about that many years now!  I think they’re all the same dies though. My 45 has a set screw to hold the die in place.  Thanks again for your thorough advice and links. 

JJ

I use Rcbs and Lyman dies interchangeablely in my 450 and my lubamatic 2 all the time and everything works fine. 

I have some extra dies ,I'll check sizes and get back to you . 

JJ,

Here are the sizers (and top punches) and lube I have available if any of them work for you:

The first picture shows  .358 and .452 dies with three different 45 caliber top punches. $55.00 plus shipping for these items.

Good luck in your search and happy casting!

13.jpg

9 hours ago, Ethan Cord said:

JJ,

Here are the sizers (and top punches) and lube I have available if any of them work for you:

The first picture shows  .358 and .452 dies with three different 45 caliber top punches. $55.00 plus shipping for these items.

The second picture has three lube sticks. $10.00 plus shipping if you can use this.

The third picture has a .257 die and top punch ($25.00 plus shipping) and a .284 die plus two different top punches ($30.00 plus shipping).

The last picture is another .358 die ($20.00 plus shipping) a .309 die with top punch ($25.00 plus shipping) and .311 die (20.00 plus shipping).  

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Hi Ethan.  If JJ Reb passes on the top photo, I will take um

11 hours ago, Ethan Cord said:

JJ,

The second picture has three lube sticks. $10.00 plus shipping if you can use this.

The third picture has a .257 die and top punch ($25.00 plus shipping) and a .284 die plus two different top punches ($30.00 plus shipping).

The last picture is another .358 die ($20.00 plus shipping) a .309 die with top punch ($25.00 plus shipping) and .311 die (20.00 plus shipping).  

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Mr. Cord - sending you pm. I’ll take the first set of .358 and .452 dies with .45 top punches. Thank you very much. 

10 hours ago, Major General Shagnasty said:

Hi Ethan.  If JJ Reb passes on the top photo, I will take um

Major, JJ Reb bought them, but thanks for the offer! Did you notice that there is another .358 sizing die on the far left in picture 4? 

12 hours ago, Ethan Cord said:

Major, JJ Reb bought them, but thanks for the offer! Did you notice that there is another .358 sizing die on the far left in picture 4? 

Thanks, but I have that one, want to find a .452 .

I may have something available. I do have a Lyman 4500 with a heater available. I have several versions of 45 sizers. I'll confirm which I'm still using (I've gone to powder coating and size larger than .452).

btw; I have a lot of lead and bullet alloy available including linotype and 'magnum' mixes.

Archived