SASS Wire Forum

Again. This time in the right arm. Two for two. This is the Pfizer formula. Word is that the second one is more difficult than the first. 

First one was a cake walk. I received the shot about 2 - 2  1/2 hours ago. My arm felt a little warm with the shot, but was back to normal

in a few seconds.  They say that the second day is the test. Will report then, if I can move my arm. But, I am still in lockdown here at the home. 

EDIT 2/10/2021:  This morning my wife and I both experienced a SLIGHT tenderness  in the area where the shot was administered. 

vrty mild in my case, and I suspect in my wife's case also.  So far, a piece of cake.

We got the second shot (Moderna) yesterday. I had no reaction at all to the first. A few hours after the second, I had some generalized achiness, that feeling like the flu is coming on. No fever. It lasted a few hours. So, a mild but definite reaction. All sources say that this indicates immune response from the first shot.

My wife had very sore arm from both injections, nothing else. I never had any arm soreness.

1 hour ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Still waiting here as well:blush:

I just signed up at Discount Drug Mart. They said they’ll notify me when an appointment is available. Do you have Drug Mart down there??

23 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Why are you in lockdown?!

My wife and I live in an senior facility. Because the average round here is just North of 75,

they want to keep exposure to Covid to a minimum. So every time you leave the building, 14 days of quarantine.

We have a lot of doctor appointments, so quarantine. 

I got a call from Baylor Scott & White hospital, this morning, saying I need to come in for the shot.

I never have solicited anyone, or any entity, to get the vaccine...I have no idea why they called me.

But...I can tell them... 

That ain't happening!!! I will wait and see what the side effects are, or could be...and how effective it is, or could be.  

Everybody says I am taking a chance. 

As the song by Mary Chapin Carpenter says: "Now some people say that you shouldn't tempt fate, and for them I could not disagree. But I've never learned nothin' from playing it safe, I say fate should not temp me. I take my chances...I don't mind workin' without a net  I take my chances, I take my chances every chance I get."

But...that's me....like as not, that ain't you.

W.K. 

Wife and I got our second today....Moderna. A couple of hours later, I really felt tired, but feel much better now. See about tomorrow.

You folks are lucky.

Our incompetent government leadership(?) is months, perhaps a year + away from getting most of us vaccinated.

Our Prime Minister thought he was doing a wonderful thing making a deal with China for vaccine and paid 400 to 600 million for it, only to be told it ain't coming!

This is what happens when you elect a part-time drama teacher to head your country.

But he has nice hair.   

79-F748-A3-E6-A2-423-A-B11-E-2-DCCBEA5-BC98.jpg

3839-F47-E-0-B28-4389-A33-F-3-DEEC1-CCEF9-C.jpg

Wife and I got our first shot this morning.  The dose was Moderna.   It's been three hours now and we have absolutely no side effects.  Vigorously  exercised and rubbed my arm and it feels no different than normal.  We had appointments and the Drive Thru was efficient and well managed.   We never got out of our vehicle.  Including the 15 minute post shot wait period, we were there about 40 minutes.  Everyone was so nice!!  Next appointment is March 11.

so - just a thought here - they give you the vaccine in the first shot , then they follow up with the real deal to see if you are immune ? then if you survive you really are immune ? sounds like a great format to me for the pharmacies , doctors , and all the little guys transporting and storing this stuff , im in the wrong supply chain on this one , 

Didn't sleep too well last night and was felling a little tired this am, after a couple of cups of coffee and some cantalope and yogurt felt great. Was really busy today and am tried this evening. Getting ready to have a little single malt, shower and bed. 

Sure glad my wife and I now have both shots under our belt.

44 minutes ago, watab kid said:

so - just a thought here - they give you the vaccine in the first shot , then they follow up with the real deal to see if you are immune ? then if you survive you really are immune ? 

No. The second shot is exactly the same vaccine as the first. It's two shots of the very same thing. The first shot after a couple of weeks confers  some immunity. Some say 50%, some more. The second shot is in effect a booster and raises the efficacy to the 95% + or -.

Eleven O'clock news last night said that CVS Pharmacy was making vaccine appointments for folks 65+.

I immediately got online, went through the website "tree," and got the message "FULLY BOOKED."

Well, poop.

Logged on again this afternoon and APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE!!

Tried... honest I did.  But got stopped "Enter Medicare Number!"  Okay.  Scrambled and found my Medicare card and entered it.  REJECT!  Enter NEW Medicare Number!"

Okay.  Found another card and entered the number.

"Enter 'Kaiser Senior Advantage' Number.  No prob.  Got that.

"Enter Rx BIB Number!"  What the heck is THAT?

Then, "Enter PCN Number!"

Finally found all those #%$^& numbers and got 'em entered, then hit "send" ~ "YOU HAVE TIMED OUT.  NO APPOINTMENTS LEFT. FULLY BOOKED!"

*Grump!*   :angry:

9 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Eleven O'clock news last night said that CVS Pharmacy was making vaccine appointments for folks 65+.

I immediately got online, went through the website "tree," and got the message "FULLY BOOKED."

Well, poop.

Tried... honest I did.  But got stopped "Enter Medicare Number!"  Okay.  Scrambled and found my Medicare card and entered it.  REJECT!  Enter NEW Medicare Number!"

Finally found all those #%$^& numbers and got 'em entered, then hit "send" ~ "YOU HAVE TIMED OUT.  NO APPOINTMENTS LEFT. FULLY BOOKED!"

Welcome to the Computer age and the paperless society. A virtual paradise. 

Friends over last night in Tacoma area, one was a nurse and had to get vaccine.  After first dose muscle spasms, numbness, and continued problems requiring upcoming visit to neurologist as doctors so far haven’t been able to tell her why other than that it “shouldn’t have been the vaccine” but are allowing her to opt out of 2nd dose.   

First shot after a few hours felt like a bee sting. Got my second Thursday and a few hours later the bee sting. Then came the next morning around 9:30 am. Didn't feel sick, just felt like I was in the ring for 10 rounds and couldn't drink enough water. Today just fine. The nurse that gave me the second shot told me that it would kick my ass.

4 people on Oregon just got Covid after vaccine, and a 78 year old died today after 2nd dose, had some pre existing conditions.

Also new studies show only 13% of those infected showing symptoms.

Glad to hear all the successful doses here, hope they continue. 

On 2/10/2021 at 3:34 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I can’t get an appointment here to save my soul!:angry:

You really think that there is a chance it can be saved?:D

On 2/12/2021 at 7:28 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Well, poop.

It really chaps my bottom when providers ask for insurance when the federal government stated from the beginning that the Covid vaccine would be available to ALL US citizens free of charge. :angry: :angry:

I assume there can be a charge to administer the vaccine. The vaccine is free. But we got our shots at a local small pharmacy that serves a lot of health care workers, being near a hospital. I assume they are entitled to get paid.

About other clinics and such I don't know.

What I think is ridiculous is those supermarked pharmacies that tout 'Free Flu Vaccinations" along with the small print: "with most insurance."

Got the first Moderna shot, nothing.  Got the second one last Thursday at 8am.  At first nothing.  About 12 hours later it wasn't fun.  They show you a list of what might happen.  I had all of it.  24 hours later all better no problems. 

Archived