Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Recommended Posts

There's an old saying, that God looks after fools, little children, and dogs.

 

I've often reflected on how fortunate my buddies and I were to usually have a good dog or two along....  :)

 

(But no one I know would have ever sprayed their hair with Go-Rilla Glue!)  ^_^

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

According to information I found online:

One can remove dried Gorilla Glue from one’s hair by filling a bucket with fresh feces, preferably human, but dog or cat feces will do if readily available, and then one must submerge their head in the bucket for at least one minute. It says one should rinse and repeat until issue is resolved. 

 

Seems like she is in a world of it. 

I wonder if she uses wd40 for a facial moisturizer?

Edited by Whiskey Business
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whiskey Business said:

 

Seems like she is in a world of it. 

I wonder if she uses wd40 for a facial moisturizer?

Don't do that! I nearly snorked coffee!

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I also have done some downright stupid things in this life, but I think I have a guardian angel that takes care of me. 

 

It's not the fact she did something stupid that's an issue. It's the fact that she's trying to hold others accountable for not doing enough to protect her from her own stupidity. I really hope the makers of Gorilla Glue refuse to accept a settlement and take this all the way. Unfortunately though settlements are often cheaper than going to trial, even if you win.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 9:00 AM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Product liability litigation has gotten more and more bizarre over the past 50 years.  I think it started with the little sticker on lawn mowers reading "Do Not Place Hands or Feet Under Running Lawnmower."  Those stickers are on lawn mowers to this day.  With the invention of Facebook, Twitter and other "social" media people have not gotten any smarter.

 

I thought it started with the "not a step" on ladders.

 

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

 

It's not the fact she did something stupid that's an issue. It's the fact that she's trying to hold others accountable for not doing enough to protect her from her own stupidity. I really hope the makers of Gorilla Glue refuse to accept a settlement and take this all the way. Unfortunately though settlements are often cheaper than going to trial, even if you win.

 

Sigh! I wish it were so. In our experience NOT. Every street from the Sacramento State Capitol to past our house. Had stop signs and stop in big letters painted on the street. A woman ran the stop sign in front of our house, got hit by traffic on the others and said that Hubby's truck hid the sign. (No mention of the "stop" in big letters painted on the street.) State Farm just paid her.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 3:14 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

 

It's not the fact she did something stupid that's an issue. It's the fact that she's trying to hold others accountable for not doing enough to protect her from her own stupidity. I really hope the makers of Gorilla Glue refuse to accept a settlement and take this all the way. Unfortunately though settlements are often cheaper than going to trial, even if you win.

 

Some companies are learning that taking the easy way out just encourages more attempts to extort money from them. They earn a place on the sucker list that is exchanged/sold to other unscrupulous entities.

At one time, my employer made it policy to fight all claims and prosecute all thefts.

After I left, somehow a different attitude evolved until the firm became the target of a lot of a lot more scams (easier to pay than dispute or fight.) and a lot more dubious claims came in and the number of scams has grown.

One notable scam took the firm for over $100,000.00 in a single transaction and it wasn't even discovered until the same scam was tried again and someone mentioned the proposed payment to the supposed request for payment initiator, over a coffee and got a "HUH? WHAT?"

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced this Gorilla Glue thing is a planned set up between her and an unscrupulous attorney. Yeah, she experiences some discomfort, but a potential 6 or 7 figure payout motivates some people to do bizarre things. 
 

Edited by Abilene Slim SASS 81783
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 12:00 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Product liability litigation has gotten more and more bizarre over the past 50 years.  I think it started with the little sticker on lawn mowers reading "Do Not Place Hands or Feet Under Running Lawnmower."  Those stickers are on lawn mowers to this day.  With the invention of Facebook, Twitter and other "social" media people have not gotten any smarter.

"Do Not" is a problem. If you do not think of every possible "Do Not," then it becomes a possible "do" without to regard for any instructions for what a product is for.

 

This lady did not understand it is a glue? What does glue do? Is your hair something you might want to glue? I'm not even bothering to read the story or her claims, maybe if she gets the runs, she could use the tip of the applicator to apply some glue because it looks like it would fit? Possible if there are other "do not" instructions and this was not one of the "do not" instructions. "Do not use Gorilla Glue to cure a case of the runs."

 

Hope the judge laughs her out of court.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, there’s been a couple of new things with this.  Here’s a link Gorilla Glue Girl  She’s got a Go Fund Me page AND a Kookyfornia doctor flew her out and did a $12,500 procedure for free.  So who’s more stupid her or others who’ve given $$ to her?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

my take on this is ;

 

there are those that are so "smart' they can think up new uses for everyday household products , if it works they want royalties , if not they sue - there is a common thread here , she lost the first , 

 

there are those that love to live on the edge and cant stand the loneliness so need to take others along , tidepods and other dumb challenges 

 

there are those that really are stupid and reach into a running lawnmower - natural selection used to give them a lesson then if they didnt learn just eliminate them from the gene pool , 

 

then there are those we have "educated" into the new intelligencia  , we are getting back exactly what we put in , sit back and enjoy it its real reality TV right here in your front yard , 

 

oh i got some carbon tet in the garage ill scrub her head if she thinks it might help - but im inclined to agree with shaving her head and waxing it - then she can set up a go fund me account to help her out , 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 4:05 AM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

And you people thought that when the woman sued McDonalds over a spilled cup of HOT coffee and won, it was all over. 

You underestimated the capacity for stupidity in the human brain. 

 

That is often quoted as the ultimate in stupidity...EXCEPT that the McDonalds  was serving the coffee at around 190 degrees...  (most people would find anything over 175 too hot to drink!)   When the coffee spilt in her lap she didn't get a bit of a burn......she received third degree burns to 6% of her body (and lesser burns to a total of 16%)   She was in hospital for  8 days and required skin grafts...  She asked McDonalds for $20,000 to cover current and anticipated medical/carer expenses....(medical expenses at that point were already over $10,000)  they offered $800.   She sued..asking for $90,000... they refused any settlement, even that suggested by a mediator.   The woman in question did not immediately sue....she sought a simple compensatory settlement... then she went to mediation...    Turns out the prior to that incident McDonalds had already paid out $500,000 in compensation to coffee  scald victims.       McDonalds argued that people at a drive through want the coffee hot because they will not be drinking it immediately... yet they also admitted their OWN research shows most people drink it immediately....  It was not the simple story it seemed.....  NOT like this Glue farce!!!

Edited by Constable Nelson #11784
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Constable Nelson #11784 said:

 

That is often quoted as the ultimate in stupidity...EXCEPT that the McDonalds  was serving the coffee at around 190 degrees...  (most people would find anything over 175 too hot to drink!)   When the coffee spilt in her lap she didn't get a bit of a burn......she received third degree burns to 6% of her body (and lesser burns to a total of 16%)   She was in hospital for  8 days and required skin grafts...  She asked McDonalds for $20,000 to cover current and anticipated medical/carer expenses....(medical expenses at that point were already over $10,000)  they offered $800.   She sued..asking for $90,000... they refused any settlement, even that suggested by a mediator.   The woman in question did not immediately sue....she sought a simple compensatory settlement... then she went to mediation...    Turns out the prior to that incident McDonalds had already paid out $500,000 in compensation to coffee  scald victims.       McDonalds argued that people at a drive through want the coffee hot because they will not be drinking it immediately... yet they also admitted their OWN research shows most people drink it immediately....   It was not the simple story it seemed.....  NOT like this Glue farce!!!

 GREETINGS Sir !

  ....... Happy New Year and how are you doin'?  :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Constable Nelson #11784 said:

 

That is often quoted as the ultimate in stupidity...EXCEPT that the McDonalds  was serving the coffee at around 190 degrees...  

 

AND they knew that there was an issue with the cup lid design - they were aware that the lids tended to not remain secured.  :mellow:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, watab kid said:

 

oh i got some carbon tet in the garage ill scrub her head if she thinks it might help - but im inclined to agree with shaving her head and waxing it - then she can set up a go fund me account to help her out , 

 

@watab kid too late there’s already a Go Fund Me Account and it’s over $20K

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO, of course, this was done intentionally to shake down the Gorilla Glue company. Kind of like sticking a mouse in your sandwich to shake down Mickey D’s or BK or any other fast food chain.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

 

@watab kid too late there’s already a Go Fund Me Account and it’s over $20K

 

Kewl. Now she can buy that wig she's been wantin'.  :rolleyes:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 9:34 AM, Chuck Steak said:

well... we do have a lot of consumer products with warnings to keep people safe from themselves

 

baby strollers with warnings to "remove child before folding"

wheelbarrows that remind you they are not for highway use

buy a sun shield for your car - you'll find that most of them have a warning NOT to operate your car with the sun-shield in place

rat poison reminds you that their product causes cancer in laboratory mice

dont allow children to play in the dishwasher

dont iron clothes while you are still wearing them

fishing hooks are harmful if swallowed

pepper spray may irritate your eyes

if you have difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate - talk to your doctor before using Midol Menstrual Complete

Nytol sleeping pills even warn you that their sleeping pills might cause drowsiness

 

Human beings are the dumbest people on the planet - look who they vote for to lead their countries -  they need to be protected from themselves.

...now, give this poor woman a few bucks to fix her hair.

 

Shame on you gorilla glue !!!

 

 

I bought bought a paper shredder that said, "Do not insert fingers".

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

IMHO, of course, this was done intentionally to shake down the Gorilla Glue company. Kind of like sticking a mouse in your sandwich to shake down Mickey D’s or BK or any other fast food chain.

 

Those mouse claims are investigated and easily disproved. The lab results don't lie.

Now, with Gorilla glue person, she is going after deep pockets in hope for a settlement. It's called corporate extortion and has been going on for decades.

The go fund account proves the old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whiskey Business said:

 

Those mouse claims are investigated and easily disproved. The lab results don't lie.

Now, with Gorilla glue person, she is going after deep pockets in hope for a settlement. It's called corporate extortion and has been going on for decades.

The go fund account proves the old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Yep, but that doesn’t stop people from trying to shake down corporations, does it? 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Yep, but that doesn’t stop people from trying to shake down corporations, does it? 

 

Unfortunately, no. All that so called free money, but hey, stupid people are entitled to such.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

 

Unfortunately, no. All that so called free money, but hey, stupid people are entitled to such.

stupid people are entitled to glue filled hair and burnt genitals - and folks laughing at them cause of the stupid things they did , but im not laughing like i used to because its so sad where we have devolved to in this great progressive's society we have been coerced into  

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Snorked???

Coughed it through my nose! Behave yourself or I'm gonna tell Stanley!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Another TikTok user put Gorilla Glue in their hair 'accidentally'

Fans mock as viral stunt

 

Avani Reyes, 20, went to the hospital after getting Gorilla Glue in her hair days after Tessica Brown had surgery to remove the sticky stuff

 She does have a faceful of bad decisions.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.