SASS Wire Forum

SPF : Winchester '97, Mod E built in 1951

UP for sale is a Winchester 1897 Model "E" takedown shotgun, 12 gauge 30" Full choke barrel.  The overall condition of this 70 year old shotgun is good + in my estimation and I believe that is conservative. The action is tight and it ejects empties with ease and none of the screw heads are buggered up.  The forearm is the flat bottom corn cob type and has NO cracks.  The LOP is 13.75" and somebody in the past has installed a Kick EEZ recoil pad.  The bluing is thin but covers the majority of the gun with the exception of the magazine tube and there are plenty of light scratches from handling.  The serial number is 979369 on both the receiver and barrel assembly.   Looking up the manufacturing date, it show it was built in 1951.  The bore is like a mirror with no issues. One negative point is someone etched what I think is a drivers license number under the receiver serial number.  So, all in all ,here is a solid Winchester '97 shotgun ready for somebody to adopt for $650 plus shipping.  Your FFL will have to agree to receive this shotgun from me, a non-FFL.  First " I'll take it " gets it.  Payment via USPS money order.  Additional pictures upon request.  Thanks for reading my long winded ad.

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578 (1).jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0576 (1).jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Good morning. I will take it. My FFL is in Scottsdale, AZ.  Do you ever get to the Phoenix area for a face to face deal? Otherwise ok to ship to my FFL in Scottsdale, they will accept from an individual.  Please advise where to send the $$. I don't have much activity on this forum but am active on the Colt Forum under the same user name. If easier my e-mail is azpicturetaker@gmail.com. Thanks, Mark

Archived