SASS Wire Forum

Today must have set a record!!

Nawlins Kid  SASS #36107

I imagine there has never been so many people trying to register for EOT before today. To bad they can't move up the registrations up to WR levels or more. 

Nawlins

Yep, glad there was so much interest, but sadly, we didn't make the cut.  Probably our last shot at EOT as Phoenix is just too dang far at 2400+ miles.  Maybe someday when we are both fully retired, but that's a few years off.

Looks like it will be a full house and a heck of a good time, sorry to miss it.  See you in PA!

Sorry to hear. You know you and your bride will welcomed to visit our trailer and Jake will be looking forward into seeing you.

NK

3 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Not even the AZ state championship at Bordertown fills up this fast.

There are a lot of shooters on this side of the Mississippi that never shoot at EOT and wanted to try it at least once. It's to bad the cut off was 500 . I still believe there would be a large amount of more reservations if the limit of shooters could be raised!!!!

There was already 200 shooters signed for NM they said so they got in first still 300 shooters in one day is impressive!

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

There was already 200 shooters signed for NM they said so they got in first still 300 shooters in one day is impressive!

So what it looks like it was 300 registrations in  maybe 3 hours , that is impressive!!!

Maybe this was an indication as to where the match would draw the most interest in the near future as well.   Word has it that we have more active members/shooters this side of the big muddy river than elsewhere as it is.

I’ve heard that registration was sold

out in the span of an hour today. That’s why so many had problems with the online application.

15 minutes ago, Chert Rock Chuck said:

Maybe this was an indication as to where the match would draw the most interest in the near future as well.   Word has it that we have more active members/shooters this side of the big muddy river than elsewhere as it is.

I’ve heard that registration was sold

out in the span of an hour today. That’s why so many had problems with the online application.

That debate has raged since we joined SASS almost two decades ago.  This is the first EOT this side of Ol' Miss ever and the results were epic.  Don't know if it would remain that way forever, but alternating might prove interesting.  Problem is, as was seen during the registration frenzy this morning, you need to have a location that can support at least 800-1000 shooters, with camping and hotels near by, and those are hard to come by this side of the river.

Certainly wouldn't complain to see it out here every couple years, but logistically, one location is better.

DD I agree with one 100% !!!!!!

NK

I guess I'm exhibit #1.  I wasn't going to drag the camper 2,200 miles one way to EOT.  However, I am willing to drag it 700 miles.  This may be a one time deal.  I got lucky and got signed up on line about 11:30 a.m. on Monday.   I've never been to EOT and probably never would have gotten to go if it hadn't been moved closer.  I think there are a lot of shooters on the eastern side of the U.S. that feel that they can handle a day's drive, just not 2-3 days each way.  I'm looking forward to my first EOT and hope that in the future, SASS finds an even larger venue on this side of the country.    

With the cancelation of WR and other shoots am glad to see people anxious to get back "in the groove."

I'm not at all surprised it filled up that fast. With online registration, 500 spots for the first World Championships in what is basically the Northeast would be very popular. 

Helluva Ruckus used to reach the limit of shooters within days of the registration form being sent out. That registration was only by mail. 

I had to be in New York City yesterday. If not for a crane blocking the parking area I needed to get into, I would have been parked at 11AM. As it was I needed to circle around to get anywhere close to where I needed to be. I finally got online after 12 and by then it was all over. 

12 hours ago, Snake River Clay said:

I'm not at all surprised it filled up that fast. With online registration, 500 spots for the first World Championships in what is basically the Northeast would be very popular. 

Helluva Ruckus used to reach the limit of shooters within days of the registration form being sent out. That registration was only by mail. 

I had to be in New York City yesterday. If not for a crane blocking the parking area I needed to get into, I would have been parked at 11AM. As it was I needed to circle around to get anywhere close to where I needed to be. I finally got online after 12 and by then it was all over. 

I remember way back when we would use Express Mail  to make sure we could get registered for Helluva Ruckus.

Archived