SASS Wire Forum

EOT registration announcement from SASS on Facebook

Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

WOW WOW WOW!!!!
What amazing support for END of TRAIL! Entries came flooding in via all avenues first thing this morning, and we fear we are VERY close (if not maybe over) our shooter limit. So, we are "pausing" all registrations right now to give us some time to process entries and get a count. Further information on additional entry slots will be released as soon as we have a solid count. THANK YOU for your support, patience, and understanding.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that will really be unfortunate for us, but I am glad they got a lot of registrations.  There are a lot of folks on this side of the Mississippi that have been waiting a long time to have the World Championships closer to home.

Match Day. :P

I suspect they will be issuing official Confirmation Letters to everyone in the not too distant future.  Hopefully, they will sort this all out quickly as I have Hotel reservations that will likely need to be cancelled as registration was apparently full-up before I could get the system to process our entries.  :(

1 minute ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

I just got a confirmation e mail.   Hope it sticks.

You always were Fast on the Draw!

I started trying to get registered about 11:15 and could never get things to process correctly.  Don't know what was up, then it was over. Too bad, we were looking forward to it.

2 minutes ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

It took me about 10 tries to figure everything out.  Can't believe I am so stupid or they

have such a confusing system.

I kept getting error messages (posted in another thread) and could never get to the Checkout with entries in my cart.  Maybe they just don't like me! :P

9 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

I kept getting error messages (posted in another thread) and could never get to the Checkout with entries in my cart.  Maybe they just don't like me! :P

You are a computer guy.   Maybe I am not so stupid after all.  

Just now, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

You are a computer guy.   Maybe I am not so stupid after all.  

They probably just hit their limit of BP shooters.  Got to watch that whole "Carbon Footprint" thing these days.  :lol:

The online registration link now says:

End of Trail

End of Trail Registration will remain open for the 40th Anniversary in 2021

End of Trail 2021 dates are June 18-26.

Mark your Calendars!  See you there.

There used to be click boxes, they are gone.  It is closed until they figure out what the tally is.  It would be nice if they had a Wait List option,but I suspect they were not prepared to have it fill up that fast.

1 hour ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

It took me about 10 tries to figure everything out.  Can't believe I am so stupid or they

have such a confusing system.

+1

I used to teach Technology Education and Senior Computer Classes and I felt like I was going around in circles at first.  Then, I went completely out and started over and it finally worked.

3 minutes ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

+1

I used to teach Technology Education and Senior Computer Classes and I felt like I was going around in circles at first.  Then, I went completely out and started over and it finally worked.

IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD.   WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING?

If our WV Match APP was this confusing we would only have four people in attendance.

1 minute ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD.   WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING?

I bet the THREE are thinking, "be glad when this week is over".

Besides running all the credit cards and writing up phone entries, confirmations got to take some time.  Then after all this cools down and the wait until March 1st for those entries in that tier, there comes the sorting out of categories.  Hats off to those gals.

I was going to wait to talk with my son about going but I registered as soon as it opened up. I’m glad I didn’t wait. I’m sorry for all the people who won’t get to go.  Does it usually fill up in one day?  They only cut off 200 shooters and it stopped in 2 hours. 

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

I bet the THREE are thinking, "be glad when this week is over".

Besides running all the credit cards and writing up phone entries, confirmations got to take some time.  Then after all this cools down and the wait until March 1st for those entries in that tier, there comes the sorting out of categories.  Hats off to those gals.

Exactly Billy, not like they contract it out to a call center. You cancel one little EOT and it opens the gates for everyone to get in for a 2021 extravaganza.

I am BESIDE MYSELF with anger right now.  At the prescribed time this morning, I logged in and attempted to register for my son and I.  He goes off to college next year, so this was our last true opportunity to attend an EOT.  I spent more than an hour trying to register, and all i got was error message after error message.  So, I did "the sensible thing" and called.  I called 7 or 8 times since trying to register online -- busy....every single time.  Now, it's "Sorry, but we're full."

35 minutes ago, Chickahominy Charlie said:

I am BESIDE MYSELF with anger right now.  At the prescribed time this morning, I logged in and attempted to register for my son and I.  He goes off to college next year, so this was our last true opportunity to attend an EOT.  I spent more than an hour trying to register, and all i got was error message after error message.  So, I did "the sensible thing" and called.  I called 7 or 8 times since trying to register online -- busy....every single time.  Now, it's "Sorry, but we're full."

It was tough getting in, I experienced it too.  I wish EOT this year could accommodate more than 500 shooters, but I'm grateful that Misty and her team clearly worked hard to make sure there would even be an EOT.

15 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

It was tough getting in, I experienced it too.  I wish EOT this year could accommodate more than 500 shooters, but I'm grateful that Misty and her team clearly worked hard to make sure there would even be an EOT.

Tough?  No.  Impossible. 

With all the money, all the equipment I've bought, all the work we've put in over the past year -- all just so we could experience an EOT together before he goes off to school -- and have that met with an online registration system that doesn't work and a busy telephone.  I'd say "not happy" or "disconcerted," but that doesn't even begin to cover it.

5 minutes ago, Chickahominy Charlie said:

Tough?  No.  Impossible. 

With all the money, all the equipment I've bought, all the work we've put in over the past year -- all just so we could experience an EOT together before he goes off to school -- and have that met with an online registration system that doesn't work and a busy telephone.  I'd say "not happy" or "disconcerted," but that doesn't even begin to cover it.

Sent you a PM

59 minutes ago, Chickahominy Charlie said:

See if you can get on a waiting list!

Reminded me of all the stories told about people on the east side of the country having to stay up till the middle of the night to register for camping at Ben Avery for winter range when camping registration opened. 

7 minutes ago, Black Hills Barb said:

See if you can get on a waiting list!

I sent Misty an email.  I don't any other way to contact SASS.  The online registration was a bust (error....error....error) and the phone was always busy....until about a half hour ago, then it just went to a full voicemail box.

Archived