SASS Wire Forum

EOT registration announcement from SASS on Facebook

Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

It was not unusual not so long ago to have more than 20 on posse so if 12 stages and three rotations  then 800+ is possible.   Granted, those numbers can sure lead to  long days of shooting, especially for that last rotation, if a bog-down takes place during the day.  Broken targets, re-shoots, rain showers, etc can happen....not to mention hail storms

I remember experiencing all of those above!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, COLORADO JACKSON said:

I have been to Winter Range half a dozen times and i can tell you they never had a problem making things run smoothly with 800+ shooters

well there was a time or two that last rotation did not make a 5 PM scheduled meeting, but that has been a few years ago.  

On 2/9/2021 at 10:36 AM, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

Thats why you have a Contract .

CDC/ state health etc....all over rule a contract. They can cancel anything with the words Covid and pandemic 

Well... technically speaking, the geographic center of the continental US is in Lebanon, KS... Not Indiana, According to the National Geodetic Survey.  If we include Alaska and Hawaii, it falls near Belle Fourche, SD.

However, if we use the population center, it falls in Texas County, MO.

No matter where the match is held, it benefits some, inconveniences others.  It always more hurtful when it's "our" ox that gets gored.

Looked at another way, SASS has always opened it's International and National Championships to any comer.  From the neophyte shooter to the experienced repeat, champion.  Other disciplines and sports require certain qualifications and standards be met before you can compete at that level.

I doubt very seriously that I was ever one of the top five black powder shooters in the Nation... yet I finished in the top five a couple of times.    Dare I suggest we keep our perspective a little more controlled.  I'm going to fulfil a promise to two very special friends, and hopefully see some other competitors I haven't seen in a number of years, and see by the list, I'm going to be able to visit with several more very good, long time friends.  Whether there are 500 attending or 1,000, I feel blessed to be going.

Archived