SASS Wire Forum

OK, who got registered for EOT?!

Fireball #7709 Life

2 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Only get a recording. Can’t leave a message because box is full. It says send an email. I may as well just print the application off and send it by snail mail.

I can't even print the application to fill out......

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Be good to see u2, been a loooong time since at Tx10horns, Greenville, TX.  Heck, 10horns now at Leonard.

You to pard, safe travels

I registered myself and my partner on line, got a confirmation number, I then called and got through, I was in the system with confirmation number, been billed to my card but no email yet. The emails will prob be a week or more behind.

11 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Well, I’m one of the ones that were already registered and they sent my money back and told me I had till March 1 to reregister and I can’t even get online. Lol

Call them...that’s what I did

6 hours ago, Aspen Filly 50535 said:

Call them...that’s what I did

Couldn’t get through on the phone so I went the email route. They got back with me and I’m in!

On 2/8/2021 at 1:33 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

Cowgirl Casey and I got paid up this morning. Thank you Mernickle for the free shoot for my Junior!

Our pleasure , come say hi when your there 

H.Wolf

On 2/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

I am not slinging drinks at this match, but I will bring a bottle of something I think you will really like Bob!

Barkeep, ole Evil Bob likes his bottle of Howling Hound Hooch so just keep some of that in his Solo cup and he's a happy camper! :lol:

Oh, and I got a phone call from Misty Moonshine at the house this afternoon and it looks like I'm in so the Kajun Kabin will be headed north for EOT!  It'll be the first EOT for me so I'm looking forward to it.

Kajun

2 hours ago, vidette said:

I’m confused at those that are saying they are “in”. I got the same call and was told nobody is in until the shooter list is released next week

That's just what they tell folks from Tennessee.

I spoke to Ruby at SASS HQ yesterday evening and she made it clear that nobody is "in" until the list is finalized and published, sometime early next week.

I placed my order within 2 minutes of the registration going live, my card has been billed, I got confirmation emails, and I spoke to someone at SASS.  But, according to SASS, I'm not "in" yet.

Just now, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Apparently, somewhere around 200 applicants left off some information on the applications, mine was WB category, and the SASS office has been calling folks to complete the applications before they can be fully processed.

Yep, couldn't get the online form to submit any other way; anxiously awaiting a call...

This was posted on the SASS Facebook Page.  I suspect, that until the list is published, no-one is officially in.  I am 99.9999999999% sure I am Not In!  :(

Single Action Shooting Society (SASS)

February 8 at 2:24 PM ·

END of TRAIL is SOLD OUT and registration is closed. What a historic day! The event sold out in a little over an hour. We not only hit our 500 cap, we overshot it. We just couldn't seem to slow the flood of entries in time to keep a good count as we went. If you sent in your entry online, on the phone, by fax, or email- we have it. Please give us some time to get the entries sorted and entered in. We will publish the shooters list and the subsequent wait list as soon as possible. Any additional entries received in any form will not be processed and will go directly onto the wait list. We will be in contact with everyone who registered, please be patient!

Every time I tried, (way more than a dozen attempts in that first hour) I got one error or another.  Got close one time and got my registration stuff entered, but when I went to add my wife's, it barfed.  In all likelihood, the system was just so overloaded that it prevented the online app from accessing sections of the database and it did a soft-crash.

Probably should have read my own tagline before I even started....

Announcin' your plans is a good way to hear God laugh.   :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, vidette said:

I don't think people left off information - I think the registration page unfortunately was buggy and LOST that information.

Misty told me on the phone that their online system had problems with the categories part of the application process and the SASS office had to make phone calls to a good number of the applicants to get that information correct.

Kajun

2 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Misty told me on the phone that their online system had problems with the categories part of the application process and the SASS office had to make phone calls to a good number of the applicants to get that information correct.

Kajun

I can believe that.  I was trying to register us for FCGF and LFCD and no matter what age selection I made, it wasn't happy, and if I made none at all, it was even more unhappy.

On the bright side, had the system worked flawlessly, it would have filled up in the first 5 minutes.  At least I had an hour or so of thinking I might be able to get registered!  :rolleyes:

*EOT Entry Processing Update*
Whew!! It has sure been a crazy couple of days here at SASS HQ trying to get a good handle on the hundreds and hundreds of entries received for EOT on Monday. In an effort to keep you all informed of the progress...
1- All entries received with payment had to first be processed through our internal accounting system.
2 - Over 200 online registrations did not include a shooting category, so most of yesterday was spent calling all of those folks to get their shooting category (cannot even begin to process the order without a category).
3- Late last night, we started sorting. Regardless of method of entry (online/phone/fax/email), each entry was put in order of the time it was received (all entries received carry a time stamp). By late last night (2/9/21), we finally had all the entries sorted into 15 minute increment piles- ready to begin entry into the Scoring/Event program.
4- Today, 2/10, our mission is to get all of the entries into the Scoring/Event program - up to our 500 shooter limit. All entries over the 500 will go on a wait list in the order they were received. Once your entry is in the Scoring/Event program, registration confirmations will be sent via that program.
5- Once all entries are into the Scoring/Event program, we will update our "Who's coming" list on the website.
**NOTE**
- Those placed on the wait list will have the option of total cancellation, and/or refund (until confirmed). We will not hold your money hostage.
- The March 1 deadline still exists for the 100+ shooters who had previously registered for EOT in NM and who we have still not yet received entries for. Those spots will be held until March 1, at which point any entries not received will lose their spot and we will fill those spots from those on the wait list.
Thank you, again, for your patience and understanding! We are doing our best to finalize registrations as soon as possible for all of you.

Misty Moonshine 

IMG_0313.jpg

Wigley Down Yonder here, once again on the road to world domination...Alone without the boys once again.

Im In!  See you there.

2 minutes ago, WiggleyDY said:

Wigley Down Yonder here, once again on the road to world domination...Alone without the boys once again.

Im In!  See you there.

Good shooting with you at Dark Day on the Santa Fe.  Missed you on Day 2, but I was just as slow and inaccurate as on Day 1 so you didn't miss much!  One of these days, we need to talk about your "Spotters Box"!  :P

I see some people are getting their confirmation emails from FB posts (unless it's just the order confirmation?)....fingers crossed.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

16 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

That is just the order confirmation.... 

Thanks Misty - thought that was odd, but hey....FB :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived