SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron currently carries 22LR 19" carbine and 24" rifle, 22 mag in 24" rifle (none in stock of course).  The carbine would be great for the .22 categories at some clubs.

I have a Navy Arms 1866 carbine in .22 and it’s great fun.  A bit heavy and the magazine is different than the one used by winchester for their .22 1873s, but a good gun.  They are thin on the ground.  It took me a 20 or so years to find one on the loose.  I am still looking for one of the even more rare Uberti 1873s in .22.  Not many made.  I have only ever seen one for sale online. 

Good luck finding a .22 to make your own.

I bought one of those uberti 1873 rifles in 22lr last year at a gun show. I had never seen one before. I put about 25 shots thru it just to try it.  It looked unfired when i bought it. It is the same size as a regular 1873, so it felt large in my hands compared to my everyday slim 94 winchester. 

Neat rifle.

On 2/7/2021 at 2:58 PM, Peacemaker Reb said:

Looking for a  Cimarron or Navy arms Carbine by  Uberti  in 22LR. PM me with any leads.

Thanks,

Reb

Thunderstick in Tucson, AZ had a 73 in .22 caliber last week. Give ‘em a call at 520-290-8599.

18 hours ago, Caboose said:

Thunderstick in Tucson, AZ had a 73 in .22 caliber last week. Give ‘em a call at 520-290-8599.

They are very friendly!  Got a Flintlock rifle from them Aug 2019, when I was visiting my Mother in Green Valley for my birthday. Small shop though if you go in person. 

23 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

They are very friendly!  Got a Flintlock rifle from them Aug 2019, when I was visiting my Mother in Green Valley for my birthday. Small shop though if you go in person. 

Small shop, BIG hearts.

29 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Small shop, BIG hearts.

Agreed, very nice people, but small selection. As I told them I had everything they had except for a Ruger old Army. If you are stating then they are the place to go.

20 hours ago, Caboose said:

I called and talked to them a couple days ago,,, small world. The only uberti 22 lr they had then was a copy of winchester scout.

3 hours ago, Caboose said:

Small shop, BIG hearts.

3 hours ago,  Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439said: 

They are very friendly!  Got a Flintlock rifle from them Aug 2019, when I was visiting my Mother in Green Valley for my birthday. Small shop though if you go in person. 

I remember that visit!

TTB

right off the Cimarron website:

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+1866+Yellowboy+Sporting+Rifle+.22+LR%2C+24"+Octagon+Barrel

scroll down the page and the rifle is there - $1200 and change - yikes!!

7 hours ago, Too Tall Bob said:

Hey Too Tall,, you thinking he should build one from parts? :)

14 hours ago, Too Tall Bob said:

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+1866+Yellowboy+Sporting+Rifle+.22+LR%2C+24"+Octagon+Barrel

You will notice they used a stock photo for every model.  The .22LR rifle does not have a loading gate.

16 hours ago, Too Tall Bob said:

I feel certain that is the SRP. Contact a few dealers to inquire as to whether they are actually in stock. I knew of several that would special order guns for 10-15% markup if paid in advance. I'm sure that would be substantially less than the SRP.

On 2/9/2021 at 5:45 PM, Too Tall Bob said:

I have found that used ones frequently go for a lot less, when you find them. I paid $400 for mine used two years ago. They are not common and I guess shops think they are less desirable than a centerfire, so they price them lower. 

i got an email about 30 minutes ago from a friend asking if i want another 1873 in 22lr. He will be taking it to the lima gun show to sell and wanted to give me first chance. I do not need two, so i declined and ask if i could post the pic he sent on here. Here it is. He is asking $1000.

Not my gun, just posting for your enjoyment. CFC476C2-DF7A-4C34-A49E-174BF9966432.thumb.jpeg.f44969ddaa2b05adf1dd331df137a867.jpeg

These were out of production for many years.  Interesting to see them catalogued again!  I had an early example of the 66 that I thought would be a great practice rifle.  Pretty heavy, and I found the extractor to be pretty weak - broke 3 or 4 times - so I stopped using it for practice.  Uberti may have addressed that issue with this current version.  Very cool, and mine was very accurate!

On 2/12/2021 at 11:23 AM, Marshall Dillon said:

i got an email about 30 minutes ago from a friend asking if i want another 1873 in 22lr. He will be taking it to the lima gun show to sell and wanted to give me first chance. I do not need two, so i declined and ask if i could post the pic he sent on here. Here it is. He is asking $1000.

Not my gun, just posting for your enjoyment. CFC476C2-DF7A-4C34-A49E-174BF9966432.thumb.jpeg.f44969ddaa2b05adf1dd331df137a867.jpeg

That is so cool.  They are very rare.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived