SASS Wire Forum

Seeking input on quality of beaver hats

T-Square

10 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

It  has taken almost six weeks for a package (prescription glasses) to be shipped from Mississippi to Italy through USPS/military postal system.

Haha, I can relate... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

My Crappy Cowboy Hat has arrived yesterday :) Took a while to make through customs...

I am VERY pleased with it! And the small flaw is much less visible in reality than on the pictures on the webshop. Looking forward to wear it on my next match (which ain't soon as we currently in lock down again over here :( )

Equanimous-Phil_CavHat_1.thumb.JPG.a0940fd38716860953734c7c14459868.JPG

CavHat_1.jpg.627133e6e66bfb068463ea9db7eac80c.jpg

Equanimous Phil

On 2/17/2021 at 10:58 AM, Chief Rick said:

It  has taken almost six weeks for a package (prescription glasses) to be shipped from Mississippi to Italy through USPS/military postal system.

Yep! We've got a Son and DIL in Okinawa since Sep. My wife sends all their packages 2-3 months early. DIL's birthday was at the end of Feb. My wife was shopping for her gift while we were Christmas shopping. :)

27 minutes ago, Equanimous Phil said:

My Crappy Cowboy Hat has arrived yesterday :) Took a while to make through customs...

I am VERY pleased with it! And the small flaw is much less visible in reality than on the pictures on the webshop. Looking forward to wear it on my next match (which ain't soon as we currently in lock down again over here :( )

Equanimous-Phil_CavHat_1.thumb.JPG.a0940fd38716860953734c7c14459868.JPG

CavHat_1.jpg.627133e6e66bfb068463ea9db7eac80c.jpg

Equanimous Phil

That's a great looking hat!

2 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Yep! We've got a Son and DIL in Okinawa since Sep. My wife sends all their packages 2-3 months early. DIL's birthday was at the end of Feb. My wife was shopping for her gift while we were Christmas shopping. :)

When I was on active duty a package from Spain to Missouri took a week or less. Missouri to Spain took 3 to 4 weeks.

Great hat, Eq Phil! And great pic...

Non-cowboy, but I just got a Stetson Pinnacle fedora, black. 100% beaver, from Delmonico Hatters in NYC. My first 100% beaver; I've had other fur felt blends. Love that hat!

$325 list, 10% off, so about $290. Which I thought good for a Stetson 100% beaver.

5 hours ago, Go West said:

One can always don a rain cover for their hat. These were very popular during the infamous Winter "Rain" match. 

A hat is a "rain cover". The better the hat, the better they will shed rain.

Archived