SASS Wire Forum

WTB Gun Fighter Grips

Texas ShaDi

Looking for some gun fighter grips for my new model vaqueros. Prefer the simulated ivory but would consider others.

check out Arizona Gun Grips on eBay. I have bought from them for several guns and have never had any issues with any of them.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/arizonacustomgrips?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2754

TM

9 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

check out Arizona Gun Grips on eBay. I have bought from them for several guns and have never had any issues with any of them.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/arizonacustomgrips?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2754

TM

Do you happen to know if the grips are thin like the sass vaquero grips or thicker?

11 hours ago, Texas ShaDi said:

Do you happen to know if the grips are thin like the sass vaquero grips or thicker?

They have a lot of different grips to choose from. I would say they should have whatever you are looking for. You can also email them and ask questions.

TM

I highly recommend Henry Lance at Texas Grips out of Corpus Christi... Super friendly and high quality. Can't say enough about how happy I am with mine. I'm adding a couple of pictures below of my mesquite burl gunfighter grips with my dad's Mexican coins book-ending my guns. I only had him inlay the coin on the outside grip of each gun (right side on my strong side gun, left on my weak side gun) to tell them apart faster at the loading table when re-holstering to take the stage. I am also including a picture showing the profile of the larger standard grip vs the smaller gunfighter grip. by the way he can also make extended grips for you bear pawed guys out there.

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

https://bearpawgrips.com

Check out this guys custom grips.  He just finished a group of grips for the NV (SASS).  He makes these in a variety of woods.  He enjoys talking about his craft and grip options.  If you are looking for a grip that's a little thicker and fits really comfortably, it is worth a look.  I used them for cowboy fast draw and the grip took 1 sec off my time.  I am a beginner, so that was in the 5's and 6's to the 4's and 5's.  Look at his web site or eBay page to read about his design.  It is worth your time.  He offers 100% satisfaction with a 5 star rating.  I now have 4 sets!!

06D49696-1F51-4F50-BDC5-AA3F297F61C0.jpeg

560FEFD2-7CAF-4E9C-A527-1E6AE6324690.jpeg

Hi Texas ShaDi. I have 2 pairs of Altamont thin grips in Rosewood, I think. I thin them down more and recess a little above the half moon checkering. I have several sets this way and ended up with these extra somehow. I included a picture of a New Vaquero with a different set for reference. I'd ship them for $140 if interested. They've never been on any pistols or used other than thinning them. 

20210216_204442.jpg

20210216_204511.jpg

20210216_204526.jpg

20210216_204542.jpg

Archived