SASS Wire Forum

Happy 72 birthday to Bad River Marty the fastest gunfighter with pistols you never hear about

ethan callahan

Happy 72nd birthday to my dad BAD RIVER MARTY one of the fastest gunfighters with a pistol you never hear about. In 2010, at age 61 he won senior gunfighter at EOT. He also won the side match of speed pistol with the all day fastest time out of all styles of shooting at EOT that year. Yes, he beat all the people that were on TV consistently back then. He has been to EOT 1x in his life. Since then he had a heart attack and two bouts with cancer. He is now cancer free for a couple years now and has shot in his 1st regional in 10+ years in 2020. He has not left Michigan since 2010 until 2020. I am proud of my father and what he has done for the sport of cowboy action shooting in Michigan as he was 1st. Lt. with the Wolverine Rangers for many years and ran the Saginaw club. He may have slowed down a little in the past few years but he can still woop up on me consistently.  We have shot together for 20 years and I look forward to shooting with him for many more years to come. Even if I never beat him.  Now with EOT in Indiana this year he is going to make it to his 2nd EOT.  Happy birthday to the best dad. 

SAM_5366.JPG

ETHAN.....  I agree.

Happy B'day to the fastest GF I have ever seen also.   And he don't miss.

And I might add that Bad River Marty is one of the nicest Pards you would meet anywhere, and I'm proud to

have shot with him and become friends.   He is truly a master with those pistols.

Happy Birthday BRM.   Here's wishing you good health for many years to come.

God Bless.

..........Widder

Happy birthday Marty! Ethan I’m sure I don’t have to tell you how lucky you are to still be shooting with your dad, here’s to many more years of happy, healthy times for you two! SCJ

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

ETHAN.....  I agree.

Happy B'day to the fastest GF I have ever seen also.   And he don't miss.

And I might add that Bad River Marty is one of the nicest Pards you would meet anywhere, and I'm proud to

have shot with him and become friends.   He is truly a master with those pistols.

Happy Birthday BRM.   Here's wishing you good health for many years to come.

God Bless.

..........Widder

Hope to see you at EOT or GOA or Michigan or Tennessee this year with Slater.   Come on up it will be like old times, have to get on our posse.

1 hour ago, Big Six Henderson #16594 said:

Happy B'day Bad River Marty.

Ethan, what a great tribute to your Dad.

Marty, you did a great job, Ethan is one of the best Classic Cowboys out there.

6 and Lil

Thanks Big 6, always like shooting with you and Lil.  Not only are you guys nice people but good shooters too.  Hopefully will see you at EOT, TN and maybe a local match up by you real soon.  I was up in Bowling Green last week at Cabelas and Camping world :)   IM me where you shoot your local matches in the winter, I will be back in Nashville in a couple weeks or so to get out of the snow here.  

Marty is indeed an elite GF.  I remember shooting with him at GOA when Handlebar Doc and I ran one of the GF posses.  Wow, what a bunch of entertaining gunfighters.

Happy Birthday Marty.

Happy Happy Birthday ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, As we age we need more Happy in our lives , So there an extra Happy to Ya ...

Jabez Cowboy

41 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Happy Birthday Marty! Make sure before you leave Michigan again, you first have Ethan check those trailer tires:ph34r:

lol

Happy Birthday to an accomplished Gunfighter—from an old GF looking forward to shooting  with C C Top and crew at Etna Green again.

Happy Birthday Marty hope you had a Great day...you're there with Eleanor, Riverview, Mama V.  and myself all in the last week.

Take Care........Faygo

Happy birthday Marty! Over the years I’ve had the dubious pleasure of getting thumped by both Marty and Ethan at various times,  but then I recently hit 73. ☹️

Archived