SASS Wire Forum

Single Action Gunsmith?

Griff

It's been nearly 15 years since I've needed some Single Action work.  And the guys I would have used have retired.  This is a Colt  Signature Series 1851, the lockwork, modified to use a Ruger hand spring & plunger has gotten itself out of time, the bolt won't stay down at half-cock.  If you were sending YOUR Colt off to get work, who would you send it to? 

Alan Harton (Houston) or Joe Perkins (Tucson), if they can fit it in their schedules.

Good luck, GJ

5 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Dutch, I'm sorry to say Eddie passed away recently. 

So, will Peacemaker Specialties survive?  They were the best source for some Colt parts.  He was not my choice for smithing, but I spent a good deal with him on parts. 

Sorry to hijack the thread. 

2 hours ago, Doc Coles SASS 1188 said:

So, will Peacemaker Specialties survive?  They were the best source for some Colt parts.  He was not my choice for smithing, but I spent a good deal with him on parts. 

Sorry to hijack the thread. 

AFAIK, the parts business will continue until the inventory is depleted.

I second, Alan Harton of Single Action Service in Houston, TX.  One of the premier Colt and Ruger Single action gunsmiths.

Snake Oil George does some fine work, up in Oklahoma, as well has some excellent octagonal barrels.

15 hours ago, Griff said:

It's been nearly 15 years since I've needed some Single Action work.  And the guys I would have used have retired.  This is a Colt  Signature Series 1851, the lockwork, modified to use a Ruger hand spring & plunger has gotten itself out of time, the bolt won't stay down at half-cock.  If you were sending YOUR Colt off to get work, who would you send it to? 

Alan Harton is working on a defective Colt cylinder for me... 

But, for your BP revolver, Gary Lee Barnes in LaRue Tx, at http://www.cartridgeconversion.com/ 

Griff :huh:

Tried to send you a PM.  Says you can't receive.  Is yer inbox stuffed full??

System also says yer listed e-mail addy is KAPUT.  You sure your still alive??

23 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Griff :huh:

Tried to send you a PM.  Says you can't receive.  Is yer inbox stuffed full??

System also says yer listed e-mail addy is KAPUT.  You sure your still alive??

Just wiped clean all previous messages.  Email should be correct... sass93@sbcglobal.net

On 2/6/2021 at 7:07 PM, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Boomstick Jay, just north of you in Leonard.

https://www.boomstickarms.com/

Thanks... close it is!  Maybe he can get my Paterson back together & working also... we'll see on Wednesday!

Archived