SASS Wire Forum

Howdy,

Chief aj used to buff and polish the stock parts and got em shooting well.

Beyer barrels have been put on a couple of mine and friends.

Beyer works well.

When zeroing I thought I might be missing the darn target.

They were just going thru the same hole.....

Best

CR

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Hey KID,

if you think YOU are in trouble, think about this:

I got THREE 10/22's.

Two of them are basically KIDD because the only part that is Ruger is the magazine.

The other 10/22 has a Ruger barrel that has been cut to 16.25",  Fedderson receiver, and the internals are KIDD (bolt, trigger, hammer, 

recoil spring/guide rod, cocking handle, recoil buffer, mag ejector, etc.....)

And to go even further,  I've 'tweaked' a couple pieces inside for smoother operations, including the slight angling of the bolt area

that cocks the hammer during recoil.   The whole system inside is really smooth and slick in functioning.

My 10/22's feel and function smoother than any of my Henry .22 rifles, which are about as fine as you can make em.

..........Widder

Now I am going thru 10/22 envy:P

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Think you could call her and tell her that mine need all that stuff too?

Howdy,

Some additions cost more than the original gun.

It happens.

Look at it this way.

Buy a 150 dollar gun.

Add a 200 dollar barrel

add a 200 dollar trigger.

add a 200 dollar stock

add a 400 dollar scope.

So 150 for gun and 1000 for additions.

Sounds stupid right?

But if the final result is a gun that shoots

better than many 2000 dollar guns arent you way ahead?

And if it uses common ammo instead of some

4 dollar a round stuff, you will shoot and enjoy it more.

And much of the time accessories can be removed and

put on other guns.

Same with cars, just different parts.

Best

CR

ps Beyer barrels can be had in taper profile so they

fit common stocks on 10/22.

afaik--Best money to spend on 10/22 unless you plan on no scope.

We have 2 KIDD Supergrades. Both with Nightforce 12-42X target scopes. Only shoot ELEY Tenex ammo.  Unfortunately for me Copper Queen beats me every time we shoot together even though she has MD in her dominate eye and can only see part of the reticle. I am afraid to teach her to shoot with the other eye or I will never win.

PS  Gateway, Don't expect to shoot sub 1" groups consistently at 50 yards with anything except expensive hard to find match ammo with any 22.  I've been shooting 22 benchrest for almost 40 years now and I have seen a lot.

Hi Gateway, had the same problem after I bought a 10/22 a few years ago 

I went with th BX from Ruger and it works well . Its good enough to help me shoot palm size groups at 212 yds at our longrange

10/22 projects tend to get out of hand :lol:

Here's my Ruger 10/22 Tactical (1261)

Upgraded with:

Ruger BX-Trigger – a substantial improvement over the standard 10/22 trigger

Adaptive Tactical (AdTac) RM4 stock

AimSport Rimfire suppressor (here in Denmark suppressors can be obtained freely as long as you have a permit for a rifle in a corresponding caliber)

Vortex Optics Crossfire II 4-12x44 AO (Dead-Hold BDC) (updated since I took the photo) w. a Vortex Optics Venom Red Dot (3 MOA) the top

Ruger1022NyOptik270519.jpg.8e6ce5d6068784f30c552c5be0f25caa.jpg

7 hours ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

We have 2 KIDD Supergrades. Both with Nightforce 12-42X target scopes. Only shoot ELEY Tenex ammo.  Unfortunately for me Copper Queen beats me every time we shoot together even though she has MD in her dominate eye and can only see part of the reticle. I am afraid to teach her to shoot with the other eye or I will never win.

PS  Gateway, Don't expect to shoot sub 1" groups consistently at 50 yards with anything except expensive hard to find match ammo with any 22.  I've been shooting 22 benchrest for almost 40 years now and I have seen a lot.

Thanks. Knew I could count on more experienced shooters to help out.

Our supply of 22 ammo around here is literally zero. No bulk, no mini mag, no target grade anything. Convincing the parents to let them practice with expensive target ammo can be a challenge so most of the time CCI mini mag is as good as it gets for our not so regular practice sessions. Right now not sure where the shooting sports are going to end up as far as 4H so just letting them shoot anything is a good idea. Have heard from other 4H leaders that participation is down pretty much everywhere.

The kids practice targets range from slightly larger than a 50 cent piece at 20 yards up to about the size of a dollar bill at 50 yards. They hit them routinely with open sights, my eyes usually need some type of optics. :rolleyes:

As far as 22 competition goes I am still learning but having a good time. Obviously have a ways to go.

Thanks again

Gateway Kid

4 hours ago, Redbeard Jake said:

10/22 projects tend to get out of hand :lol:

Here's my Ruger 10/22 Tactical (1261)

Upgraded with:

Ruger BX-Trigger – a substantial improvement over the standard 10/22 trigger

Adaptive Tactical (AdTac) RM4 stock

AimSport Rimfire suppressor (here in Denmark suppressors can be obtained freely as long as you have a permit for a rifle in a corresponding caliber)

Vortex Optics Crossfire II 4-12x44 AO (Dead-Hold BDC) (updated since I took the photo) w. a Vortex Optics Venom Red Dot (3 MOA) the top

Ruger1022NyOptik270519.jpg.8e6ce5d6068784f30c552c5be0f25caa.jpg

Very nice. Pardon me while I drool over that for a bit :P

Here in Colorado the suppressor would need a federal tax stamp/waiting period and the magazine appears to hold more than 15 so would not be allowed if newly purchased due to our politicians mag capacity limit. :(:angry::( In the Peoples Republik of Boulder would have a 10 round limit.

Regards

Gateway Kid

21 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Thanks. Knew I could count on more experienced shooters to help out.

Our supply of 22 ammo around here is literally zero. No bulk, no mini mag, no target grade anything. Convincing the parents to let them practice with expensive target ammo can be a challenge so most of the time CCI mini mag is as good as it gets for our not so regular practice sessions. Right now not sure where the shooting sports are going to end up as far as 4H so just letting them shoot anything is a good idea. Have heard from other 4H leaders that participation is down pretty much everywhere.

The kids practice targets range from slightly larger than a 50 cent piece at 20 yards up to about the size of a dollar bill at 50 yards. They hit them routinely with open sights, my eyes usually need some type of optics. :rolleyes:

As far as 22 competition goes I am still learning but having a good time. Obviously have a ways to go.

Thanks again

Gateway Kid

Try cci standard next time.  They shoot slightly more consistent than minimag in most of mine.

1 hour ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Try cci standard next time.  They shoot slightly more consistent than minimag in most of mine.

I've had the same good results. ^

Another 'cheap' yet dependable and fairly accurate ammo I have used is Federal Black Box 36 and 38 grain stuff.

Those are bulk boxes and shouldn't cost a lot.

Others may have had better results, but I have NEVER had good accuracy with CCI Green Tag, in either my rifles or pistols.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Still learning the ins and outs of 4H. Have done the Western Heritage for 3 years and want to move on to rimfire silhouette.

I think you are correct that standard velocity is mandated rather than high velocity. I am sure one of the other 4H folks will let me know.

Right now however we are going to be using whatever is available for practice (which is not much).

Thanks for the observation.

Regards

Gateway Kid

7 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Very nice. Pardon me while I drool over that for a bit :P

Here in Colorado the suppressor would need a federal tax stamp/waiting period and the magazine appears to hold more than 15 so would not be allowed if newly purchased due to our politicians mag capacity limit. :(:angry::( In the Peoples Republik of Boulder would have a 10 round limit.

Regards

Gateway Kid

Thank you :D

Here suppressors has been legal since 2014, at first they required a separate permit, but since last year they have required no permit or registration, as long as you own a rifle in the corresponding caliber. Using suppressors on handguns is not legal here.

As to magazines, it has become somewhat complicated in the recent years. For rimfires there are no limits on capacity. For centerfire rifles there is a ten round limit and for centerfire handguns there is a twenty round limit. For shotguns there are a two round limit for hunting, but you can own shotguns with a higher capacity, just not hunt with them nor shoot with them at most ranges. For semi outo rifles a magazine limited to two rounds must be used for hunting, that is an improvement made last year, before that semi auto rifles for hunting had to have the magazine limited to one round and welded or othervice fastened to the rifle.

As to calibers, anyything below (and not including) .50 BMG is legal for rifles (.50 BMG was made illegal a few years ago, nobody really knows why). For handguns the largest (non black powder) caliber we can own is .44 Special, but anything above .357 Mag in bullet diameter requires a special permit that takes up to a year to obtain. For semi auto rifles you can own two; a rimfire and a centerfire in a "category one" legal caliber (that means it has to be legal for boar in Europe), which means we can't own an M1 Carbine, AR-15 og AK, but we can own an M1 Garand, AR-10 or SVD. For shotguns 12 gauge and below is legal, though we can not own buckshot and slugs (slugs can be owned if you have a rifled shotgun, which counts as a rifle).

To obtain a permit for a rifle you must either have a hunting license (takes a few months og studying and some theoretical and practical tests to obtain) or be a member of a shooting club. Only hunters can have semi auto rifles. A rifle license costs D.Kr. 1085,- (USD 175,-) for each rifle (and has to be renewed every ten years), shotguns can be obtained in the same manner, but only require registration no individual license. To obtain handguns you must be an active member of a club for two years and pass a very thorough evaluation by the police and the chairman of your club. A handgun license cost D.Kr. 200,- (USD 32,-) for each handgun and lasts for ten years.
Every single year you are evaluated by the police to see if you are still deemed fit to own firearms. Violent crimes, illegal possesion of firarms or ammunition, drug related crimes, etc. will cause all your permit to be withdrawn at once.

A license for a rifle or handgun takes 4-8 weeks to obtain.

In all practical aspects black powder guns, unless they are actual antiques, are treated like smokeless guns according to the law - though obtaining a permit to store black powder and cast your own bullets (no, I am not kidding!) is a process by itself.

Gunsafes, which have to live up to certain standards, are mandetory here, for guns and ammunition.

CrusaderGearChestRigRuger10-22.thumb.jpg.9245f76d41b03d39b3ec99110b784939.jpg

I recently bougt a Crusader Gear chest rig for my BX-25 magazines. Being a volunteer Cpl. in the Danish Home Guard, I use my 10/22 and this rig to train on my free time.

6 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Wow. 
And I thought our laws were over the top. Well take care then and enjoy your little beauty. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Well, as they say; it is what it is. We have it better than most other European countries and slightly worse than others.

Here owning firearms is not a right but a privilege - a privilege that can, as stated directly on our permits, be removed at anytime, for any reason, with no notice. Making sure that this privilege is not hollowed out or cut away slice by slice requires constant vigilance and a lot of hard work.

I have been a moderator of the largest Danish firearms related forum; nordisk-forum.dk for years - hard work has put us on the official list of organisations that are heard when new weapons legislation is proposed, my name can be found on a lot of our official consultation responses. Small, but significant, victories over the years have shown us that it matters.

55 minutes ago, Redbeard Jake said:

Well, as they say; it is what it is. We have it better than most other European countries and slightly worse than others.

Here owning firearms is not a right but a privilege - a privilege that can, as stated directly on our permits, be removed at anytime, for any reason, with no notice. Making sure that this privilege is not hollowed out or cut away slice by slice requires constant vigilance and a lot of hard work.

I have been a moderator of the largest Danish firearms related forum; nordisk-forum.dk for years - hard work has put us on the official list of organisations that are heard when new weapons legislation is proposed, my name can be found on a lot of our official consultation responses. Small, but significant, victories over the years have shown us that it matters.

thank you for your work. I am certain that people like you are all that stands between a totalitarian dictatorship where citizens are seen as unworthy of being paid attention to  or their ideas listened to. It seems to me that worldwide there is now and has been for some time a rush by the wealthy and powerful to consolidate all authority unto themselves to better control all aspects of life to their benefit only and any harm to the citizenry is collateral damage, beneath their station.

Respectfully

Gateway Kid

Archived