SASS Wire Forum

Covid Vaccine record set Thursday

Sedalia Dave

From a news release by Gov Abbot.

Thursday Texas set a new one-day record for the number of vaccinations administered: 152,948.

We were the 1st state to vaccinate 1,000,000 people.

In a few days we will surpass 3,000,000 vaccinations administered.

Eight weeks after administering the first doses to first responders,  Texas has worked most of the kinks out and things are moving right along. Over 10,000 a day at one location alone. As of this afternoon 2.9 million doses have been administered state wide. For perspective that is about 10% of the state's population.

Despite what the MSM is reporting it looks like the ground work the previous administration put into place is working.  

In NV it the each county's health dept. that determines how the vaccines they receive from the Gov. Sucks-a-Lot.  In Churchill county the vaccines have been put into the arms of 70 & older residents who line-up in cars at the fairgrounds one day a week.   The 1st time was a couple of weeks ago where they administered 400 doses for the approx. 1100 residents aged 70 & older.  There was another injection event this week.

Whatever plan AZ is using, appears to be working. Our doc called Thursday and we made an appointment for today. Cimarron and I both got the stick. Moderna. Our doc is a sole practitioner, family office. Wife & daughter both work there so it's a pretty well run operation. I was impressed they scheduled this for a saturday, just for the shots, no regular appts. Our second shot nicely coincides to be a few days before my annual physical where the doc tries to fling me off the back of the treadmill LOL. I sure hope that second shot don't interfere with that there.....

Not wanting to start anything political. I just thought this was interesting. Now y'all know that the New York Times is a lefty paper right? But I read an article i it yesterday where they pointed out the leftist controlled governments, both US States and International. seem to have the biggest problems with getting vaccine distributed.

On 2/6/2021 at 4:47 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Not wanting to start anything political. I just thought this was interesting. Now y'all know that the New York Times is a lefty paper right? But I read an article i it yesterday where they pointed out the leftist controlled governments, both US States and International. seem to have the biggest problems with getting vaccine distributed.

That's because they spend all their time squabbling over how to do it instead of just doing it. 

The Last Centurion deals with a worldwide pandemic coming out of China.  It describes response modes from pathetic to ideal.  Of course it is a book, and does not have to deal with the real world, but the ideal response looked almost doable, at least some of the aspects of it.

Duffield

On 2/6/2021 at 2:47 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That is because they wish to control and regulate everything. Though their controls are inadequate due to ineptness, fear of reprisals or just plain getting bogged down in extraneous BS. 

Here, where I work they announced forming a panel on coming up with a plan to work with the county committee on distribution of vaccines to transit workers. For 2 weeks we heard daily about the “plan” for “forming the committee”. I haven’t been there in a week, but I am sure their “plan” is still just that...a plan. 

On 2/6/2021 at 3:01 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

My wife and I have our appointment to receive our first shot at a Drive Thru on Thursday, Jan 11.

VA has me scheduled for the 18th  for my first dose and the 18th of March for the second.

Archived