SASS Wire Forum

Knees in the Breeze

Howdy

I 've had a couple of motorcycles that I've just never got aound to finishing so I did a deal with my son & gave him the bikes & all the extras for this 1985 FXR. It is a bitza as it now has a 99 engine [ still the EVO..I reckon there bullet proof ]

Original tranny & primary, chain drive, dakota digital speedo, street lamp tail & indicator lights, King Sporty tank, slash cut pipes & now converted from electronic to points ignition..still has the CV carby & I will probably change the standard air cleaner. It was a USA import & this is the first time registered in OZ.

A lot of other mods have been done, engine hasn't been touched from what I can tell, goes well !!

It will be parked next to my 1996 FXD Dyna.

001.JPG

002.JPG

Shux!  I thought this was gonna be a discussion about kilts~!   :rolleyes:

Random48.jpg

11 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

bitza

“Bit of this and a bit of that.”

I had to look that one up. ;)

I like that bike PM. 
Question,  did this rear bar come on the bike or is it an add on? Is it part of the frame?

79E80CBF-998B-4286-965B-1FAD3674BE47.thumb.jpeg.a16b05f9ce911d740470f8d615ff6632.jpeg

22 hours ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

I like it!

The only thing I ca'nt figure out is why you gave away the FXR and kept the FXD, but I bet your son is surely not complaining!

Howdy Chicken Rustler..The FXR I got in the exchange.. 1996 FXD I've  had since new, pic attached & would never sell.

002.JPG

22 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

“Bit of this and a bit of that.”

I had to look that one up. ;)

I like that bike PM. 
Question,  did this rear bar come on the bike or is it an add on? Is it part of the frame?

79E80CBF-998B-4286-965B-1FAD3674BE47.thumb.jpeg.a16b05f9ce911d740470f8d615ff6632.jpeg

Howdy Pat..Yes that was a mod done to the frame along with the rear guard..the bike was  originally a personal import by a guy in Melbourne [ Victoria ]..don't know what  happened to the motor as it now has a 99 Evo out of a FL springer Softail..I just need to sort out the rear brake as everything else seems ok..I'm not usually into a lot of chrome but I'm getting hooked on this one !!

4 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Howdy Chicken Rustler..The FXR I got in the exchange.. 1996 FXD I've  had since new, pic attached & would never sell.

002.JPG

Two great looking bikes! I heard legends about the FXR frame and how well it rides, but I sure had some fun rides in the twisties on my FXD.

Archived