SASS Wire Forum

Is he fast or what

Looking thru some pics a few minutes ago and found this pic of Fireball.  Couldn't resist.  Just when we thought Lassiter was soooo fast this popped up.

Fast 87.jpg

1 minute ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

Fireball is fast but not enough to have 4 empties in the air with a reload?  

Yep.  Back two hulls are really fast - in Photoshop!  Wrong ejection direction plus exact same shell tilt and rotation around it's axis and same amount of powder burn on it's mouth.

Nice work, though, GJ

Maybe he's shooting Wild Bunch and started with 6 in the gun. But I think he just had someone toss the empties into the picture while he stood there looking all serious.

Next time, make sure the light source onto the "pasted" hulls is not straight on, so you have a shadow on the left side of the hull.  At least the two hulls in front of the gun show a good shadow which matches the sun angle.  :lol:

It could be a real pic.   

He could shoot 2 at targets to his left side and the hulls get on hat.  Then when he pivoted and jerked his head & shotgun to the right for

2 more shots,  the first couple empties would fly off his hat as shown in the pic, while he shoots 2 more shells.

Heck, just because others can't do it doesn't mean it isn't possible.

P.S. - if you look at the edge of the picture,  in front of the muzzle about 4 inches lower, you'll see a glimpse of a 5th shell... :o

Now that IS fast!

..........Widder

5 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Yep.  Back two hulls are really fast - in Photoshop!  Wrong ejection direction plus exact same shell tilt and rotation around it's axis and same amount of powder burn on it's mouth.

Nice work, though, GJ

BUSTED!

The pic is probably at least 12-15 years old. I just ran across it and thought it still pretty cool.  Although I have known FB for years, I did not take pic and never thought it "100%".   But, he is fast with 87 and most any other CAS firearm.

Hey, I saw Kevin Costner fire 11 times without a reload in an "Open Range" gun fight.  And John Wayne fire 20 rounds out of a 1892 Winchester short barrel rifle just days after the Civil War ended.  I've also seen double action .357 magnum revolvers with a "silencer" not make any noise in many Hollywood movies.  And I've also seen Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa, Bobby Kennedy, JFK and MLK playing poker in Heaven.

I also drink a lot of Southern Comfort everyday.

And Joe Biteme won the election fairly.

Well now.  Since he loads with both hands of course they’d go in different directions.  Lol.  He is the fastest

Just because we mere mortals are not likely to pull off such a feat, is it so certainly impossible?

I shoot with him often.

He IS fast.

Great shot!LOL  That was Photoshopped by one of my shooting buddies!(a long time ago)  While it would be cool to see more than 2 in the air at one time out of an 87, it would extremely unlikely, I would go so far as to say impossible.(unless you stoked the mag)  The hulls are just too heavy.  I keep trying tho.... :P   

Posse 6 110.JPG

1 hour ago, Chert Rock Chuck said:

We could have kept the legend alive for a while anyway!

Now you got me thinking I should try to video some shotgun runs to see how close it might be to having four in the air.LOL

1 hour ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

Great shot!LOL  That was Photoshopped by one of my shooting buddies!(a long time ago)  While it would be cool to see more than 2 in the air at one time out of an 87, it would extremely unlikely, I would go so far as to say impossible.(unless you stoked the mag)  The hulls are just too heavy.  I keep trying tho.... :P   

Posse 6 110.JPG

You facial hair was a bit darker back then.  Mine is now white like yours in this photo. ;)  So was the cigar in your mouth real or photo shopped also? :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

You facial hair was a bit darker back then.  Mine is now white like yours in this photo. ;)  So was the cigar in your mouth real or photo shopped also? :ph34r:

Thanks for noticing the change in color.....:P  The cigar is real!!

1 hour ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

Now you got me thinking I should try to video some shotgun runs to see how close it might be to having four in the air.LOL

What many deem 'impossible' has been proven possible many times in our sport/game.   

Your 'Legendary' status has been well earned.   I say..... "Go for it".

..........Widder (member of the 6 on 6 in sub 4.0 '97posse)

5 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Scout, I was just about to post that observation myself.  Moving from MI to FL must have bleached the facial.....surely not gray.

Archived