SASS Wire Forum

And off we go---Proposed Gun Control

Yellowhouse Sam # 25171

So if I've ever had a homicidal thought, I can't have a gun.  They are also going to take into consideration the psychological condition of other members of the licensee's household, current and former spouses, relatives and associates.  That "associates" part is definitely going to get me.

Essentially under the legislation you no longer have an individual right to keep and bear arms, as you have a requirement to prove to the state that you aren't a potential threat in order to get the states permission to keep and bear arms. I know a lot of psychiatrists and mental health professionals and this puts them in the position of being potentially liable for anyones actions if they give their approval, in other words it has tons of downside for providers and virtually no upside. I would guess that a lot of people would get denied just out of an abundance of caution, when in reality 99% are no real threat. Most of the one's that would be already have disqualifying histories - such as involuntary hospitalizations (though 90% of those aren't real threats) or criminal histories that disqualify them. 

This is just another financial and time consuming barrier to prevent as many people as possible from owning a firearm. It will do little to nothing to make people safer and will essentially gut the RKBA. 

It will also act as an powerful disincentive for firearm owners to seek mental health treatment for common conditions like anxiety or depression. But hey, no matter, so long as it violates inalienable rights and prevents people from exercising their RKBA it's good, right?

I wonder if the bill she proposers would have stopped Cain (had he a firearm).  I don't think so.  Cain didn't need a firearm to commit murder.  The weapon was a heart that was ruined by Lucifer, not a material object. 

STL Suomi

While I doubt they will get the votes to pass that nutcase bill, I would not be surprised to see the current Administration try to put some of that stuff into place through Executive Order or Federal Regulation. We have TABOR here in Colorado, which is supposed to prevent any new taxes or tax increases being put into place without voter approval. That said...if I look at the back of my annual car registration renewal, the list of the dozen or so charges I must pay are almost all various types of fees...one of them, is indeed, listed as a tax. The Colorado politicians regularly use the fee and license structure to charge us for things...but the Democrats here in the state never stop trying to gut TABOR.

3 hours ago, Amigo said:

While I doubt they will get the votes to pass that nutcase bill, I would not be surprised to see the current Administration try to put some of that stuff into place through Executive Order or Federal Regulation. We have TABOR here in Colorado, which is supposed to prevent any new taxes or tax increases being put into place without voter approval. That said...if I look at the back of my annual car registration renewal, the list of the dozen or so charges I must pay are almost all various types of fees...one of them, is indeed, listed as a tax. The Colorado politicians regularly use the fee and license structure to charge us for things...but the Democrats here in the state never stop trying to gut TABOR.

They're going for the extreme so they can "compromise" on something that is still a majority assault on our rights while they can all talk of how bipartisan they were when they did it.

Food for thought:  what will you do if this bill passes, as written?

The costs are horrendous, the pysch eval is invasive, and the penalties for non-compliance are severe.
I'm curious:  what will YOU do if this passes?

I don't think it would be a good idea to say what you would do. There is too much spying going on. The next thing you would know you're in some gulag with the Chinese playing with electric batons.

Archived