SASS Wire Forum

FS Cimarron Sharps SOLD

Pards and Long Range Shooters,

Here's a spitting image reproduction of the famed Sharps rifle made famous in the classic western film Quigley Down Under. If you're looking for a long-range rifle that is just as straight shooting and handsome as Matthew's rifle, then look no further. Cimarron's "Rifle Down Under," replica emulates Quigley's movie Sharps in detail! It features a color cased butt plate, receiver, hammer, lever and the attractive Model 1859 opening patch box, that accompanies a richly blued, 34-inch octagon barrel, all screws and double-set triggers. Highlighting this silver screen lookalike, single-shot side hammer long gun is a handsome checkered walnut stock with its pewter-tipped forearm, just like the film's 1870s-style buffalo gun. A German silver blade front sight has been replace with the hooded insert sight and a Lawrence-style folding leaf rear sight.

I am offering this rifle with Long Range Pedersoli Sights front (with inserts) and Rear, just as pictured (if I can figure how to get them up). This rifle is in 98%, the only dings on it were put there by the dealer's gun rack and even they are not that bad, just down on the left side of the rifle butt. My price is $1750. plus shipping, Price new was and is $2341.25 without the sights. Buy it this weekend and I will pay the shipping to lower 48 that permit person to dealer sales.

I will try to get pictures on, if they don't get on, PM me and I will sent them to your email from mine. I am located in NC.

Thank you for your time, have a safe weekend.

Abilene Al

20210205_172139.jpg

20210205_172146.jpg

20210205_173351.jpg

20210205_173334.jpg

20210205_173414.jpg

20210205_173529.jpg

20210205_173445.jpg

20210205_173851.jpg

20210205_172805.jpg

20210107_183221.jpg

20210205_174311.jpg

20210205_173627.jpg

Potential buyers (and others) might want to watch this video of Mike Harvey explaining how Cimarron came to have Pedersoli make this rifle for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PJGkjfpCIU

(from one Abilene to another :) )

Good looking rifle Al, what caliber is it?  They make it in 4 calibers.  Sorry if it says and I just can't see it.

City Dude

These are not only good looking, but very accurate.  I have won state level matches with the Pedersoli Quigley in 45-70 and like it very much.

I don't shoot it any more after I discovered the 1885s in 45-70.  I don't shoot those any more once I discovered the 1885 in the 38-55 caliber.  I now bounce from the 1885 to the Buffalo Classic in 38-55.  I like them all.

3 minutes ago, Marshall Dillon said:

I still can’t find the caliber,,,,

Marshal, it's in the yellow bubble tag back on the Classifieds index page as 45-70

CD

Pards, I wanted a caliber that was easy to find brass and bullets for and lots of reloading data. May have it sold, but no money has changed hands and still have some outstanding PMs out there waiting on replies.

Lone Rider is right, they are beautiful guns, hated the part in the movie where the villian just throws the rifle over to the side, most of my guns look like they just came from the firearms factory.

Have a great day and stay safe.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this rifle still for sale?

I’m a buyer at your listed price shipped.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:30 PM, City Dude said:

Good looking rifle Al, what caliber is it?  They make it in 4 calibers.  Sorry if it says and I just can't see it.

City Dude

45-70

On 2/7/2021 at 12:33 AM, Abilene Al, SASS #72248 said:

...hated the part in the movie where the villian just throws the rifle over to the side, most of my guns look like they just came from the firearms factory...

They also had a rubber replica.  You may rest easy. :)

Archived