SASS Wire Forum

I apologise if I did something wrong .......

....... and I didn't think it was "political" ....... I simply asked as to the current status of some of your politicians as I have not heard mention of any of them at all for some time.

My thread has vanished.

Again, I apologise for anything I may have inadvertently done.

Wallaby Jack

The status of MY politicians is........ CRAZY.

Oh yea, their all NUTS.     We have Red Nuts, Blue Nuts, and Crunchy Nuts (just like my favorite gun lube..... :lol:

..........Widder

21 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... and I didn't think it was "political" ....... I simply asked as to the current status of some of your politicians as I have not heard mention of any of them at all for some time.

My thread has vanished.

Wallaby Jack

Did not offend me.

;)

kR

If you didn't get a PM from a mod, it couldn't be too bad...

OTOH, even a no-points thread delete should warrant an explanatory PM. Just so you know why so you don't get points the next time you share something else others wish they had seen.

No doubt it was the responses that went off the rails.

Always find you fun and favorable don't worry about the small stuff.

It probably wasn’t what you said, but how you said it...

You know, with that clenched jaw and that steely-eyed look. You probably skeered somebody and they reported you...you bad, bad man. 

:D

3 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

My thread has vanished.

Wallaby Jack

Didn't get to see the thread.

Whatever you do DON'T get scared into quitting your posting.

Can't speak for others but I find your posts add value to most threads.

Especially like your one liners as I cannot seem to condense my responses to less than a paragraph. ;)

Chin up pard

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Didn't get to see the thread.

Whatever you do DON'T get scared into quitting your posting.

Can't speak for others but I find your posts add value to most threads.

Especially like your one liners as I cannot seem to condense my responses to less than a paragraph. ;)

Chin up pard

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Oh my word...you soooooo got that right!!!:lol:

I thought censorship had improved. It almost killed the forums before they rebooted. The forums have never recovered from prior times, and now they start up again? I guess people don't pay attention to history.

10 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

I thought censorship had improved. It almost killed the forums before they rebooted. The forums have never recovered from prior times, and now they start up again? I guess people don't pay attention to history.

If you always do, what you always did, 

You always get what you always got. 

Probably someone's response to your post got the thread nuked, had that happen too. Had a cartoon taken down once for being too risque. Had a meme removed for being too political. Had a thread removed that lamented the state of the country as too political. And had a couple removed because  of the responses of a couple of individuals who got upset and made the threads political when they weren't specifically political to start with as they were started without referrence to politics. Not my forum and not my rules so I do try to comply with them but some lines are when talking about the events going on in the country in general can get blurry and some people take it too politically.

The internet and forums are much more limited in conversation than in the past. Got time out back when I was on facebook for a political joke I had posted a year before ( I suspect someone was reviewing all my past Facebook posts and looking for something to report). I have seen on other forums small groups of individuals get angry with a poster and decide to try to get them banned by lodging constant complaints and/or making posts to nuke threads. Stuff happens. Since you didn't get a specific warning or ding from the moderator I would assume either it was deemed a minor infraction or that the responses to your post are what got it removed. 

I try to be good and follow the rules, but sarcasm is my native language. Moderators have a thankless job. 

1 hour ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

There's not too much history for internet forums.

The rule here is no politics. I've had a couple removed over the years; no problem. Many of us have over time. It's hard sometimes to resist the temptation. Often such a post is not really very political, but somebody is usually there to make it so pretty quick. Threads that are 'low-key' political will often survive quite awhile. Sometimes the mods will lock the thread but keep it up at the point before it went bad.

The rule is a good one. Unrestrained political posts and threads always turn bad, because there are always some angry folks that make it so. One reason the Wire and Saloon sail on so well is precisely because of the rule.

:ph34r:  Well, I for one am happy to hear as little about them as possible. 

While knowledge is power, ignorance really CAN be bliss.

At my age and condition, I'd rather be blissful than powerful........

Keep on keepin' on, Wallaby!

@Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 I saw your original post, I don't think that was what got it pulled. Someone must have gotten silly and it simpler to just delete the entire thing.

14 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

My thread has vanished.

Wallaby Jack

I think most of us have had a thread chopped or pulled entirely. It’s the moderators way of keeping this a civil and sane Saloon.  There are enough forums for folks to talk harshly.

Don’t let it bother you.

Archived