SASS Wire Forum

The little things that make one happy

Pat Riot

Recently I acquired a Colt Detective Special but it had issues, light primer strikes. I got a new main spring for it but the spring didn’t fix the problem so I took it to a gunsmith. 
Recently I sent my New Vaquero to Ruger for some warranty issues. It would skip a chamber on occasion and it shot the left of POA at 10 yards. 
I sent it in and after it got to Ruger I decided to call and see if they could make a .45 ACP cylinder for it. I was told “probably not as we aren’t doing elective work right now, only warranty repairs.”

Last night I got a call that my Colt is repaired and ready for pick up. $75. Not bad. I will pick it up today and shoot it tomorrow. Should be interesting one handed. Maybe I will invite my son-in-law to go along. 

Just a few minutes ago I got a call that Ruger can set me up with a .45 ACP cylinder for my New Vaquero for $175. I said “Hell yeah!” :D
When I first called the lady said it should be about $150 dice it was already there for warranty I shouldn’t need to pay return shipping. I figure that if they are going out of the way to help me out why quibble over $25 in shipping?

I am so stoked. :D

It’s the little things...

I bought a Springfield Hellcat this week. Instead of an 11 and 13 round mag, I got two 13 round mags with it (I like it). And when I got home, I realized it came with a Viridian laser. to use or not. Shazam!

I found a box of 9mm Hornady XTP HP bullets this morning for $21/100 +10 shipping. Would have stocked up, but they only had 1 box. :angry: Got to wondering what else they might have and it looks like I got the last box of 9mm ANYTHING they had. Made me happy!

JHC :)

Lucked into a used Sig this AM. Good price and it is happy at it's new home.

31 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Did you get them on the correct feet?  :D

Other thqan that, I got nuttin'.

Assuming they were HIS feet musta been correct.

JHC :P

Got a like new Model 1908 Steyr Mannlicher-Schoenauer carbine yesterday.  Didn't get it for a song but I did get it about half of what I was willing to pay....maybe a song and a sandwich as Mom used to say.  Today I'm finding out how to get ammo for it...several options worth of info so far.  I had my gunsmith take the "claw scope mounts off, but I think I'll have him put them back on and find a scope.  I've never used a scope and it might be time I did.

Lordy, that's a fine looking little gun.

I got my Covid shot yesterday and an injection in both knees today then it started to snow,

Just worked twenty of the last 24 hours. I'm tired and not thinking straight. Got a two hour nap. Going to take another one here shortly and then go to bed. 

Dogs make me happy, youtube videos of dogs makes me happy, memes involving dogs make me happy and the happy, sweet goofy Rottweiler at the shelter made me happy.   Below is a picture from last week when it was too cold for the dogs to be walked so we sat in the back of my car and she played with the bone and gave me large, gentle face licks.

1226998735_Daisy2.jpg.33258da26063f4b64cbb0d143479c77c.jpg

Well, my little happiness things are food is finally starting to taste like food instead of dishwater and other items.   Smell is returning as well.  Hopefully, I get to go back to work next week.

4 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

Well, my little happiness things are food is finally starting to taste like food instead of dishwater and other items.   Smell is returning as well.  Hopefully, I get to go back to work next week.

I hope so Kris, Here's looking at ya kid

:ph34r:  Our family got together for our belated Christmas dinner and gift exchange.  New grand-daughter-in-law, new GREAT grand daughter,

everyone well and recovered from covid (hence the postponement) and my kids gave me a Holosun green dot pistol sight.

All very satisfying.

I'm Glad to be back home after 6 days in the Hospital and Surviving A bunch of Very large Blood clots In my Lungs and a Mega Clot between my Heart and Lungs ...

Jabez Cowboy 

Daughter and son in law are youth leaders at their church. They had an overnight youth retreat so we stayed at their house to watch the grandkids. Could have sworn I was the only one in bed when I went to bed. This morning somehow I ended up with a 5yr old grandson, 2yr old granddaughter, toys, extra blankets and pillows and a 50 pound Aussie Shepherd in there with me. Life is good.

Me, the two cats, and Millie the wonder mutt are in front of the fire place.  I got coffee, and an hour or so to catch up on my reading.  Saturday we close early at the shop, so I get to go out with my sweetie tonight.  Cowboy shoot tomorrow, and I plan on using my new to me Colts for the first time.  

Did you get them on the correct feet?  

Nothing is more upsetting then getting the left sock on the right foot or visa-versa.  Makes the whole day just wrong....

STL Suomi

13 hours ago, Chantry said:

Dogs make me happy, youtube videos of dogs makes me happy, memes involving dogs make me happy and the happy, sweet goofy Rottweiler at the shelter made me happy.   Below is a picture from last week when it was too cold for the dogs to be walked so we sat in the back of my car and she played with the bone and gave me large, gentle face licks.

1226998735_Daisy2.jpg.33258da26063f4b64cbb0d143479c77c.jpg

Cool--- Our shelter Rottie has been with us for about 3 months now.

IMG_4610.jpg

I sold a pair of Vaqueros a few years back...

Used them 10 years and sold them for what I paid for them!

Had an offer on my New Models...wasn't sure I wanted to let them go...but they are heavy for me...

I saw a set of Stallions, perfect fit for me...so got on the phone, sold the NM's and bought the Stallions.

Happy girl.

The best part is...

I won one of the NM's...$0

The other I paid $475...

I made a whopping $520 gain on the whole deal!!:wub:

6 hours ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

Did you get them on the correct feet?  

Nothing is more upsetting then getting the left sock on the right foot or visa-versa.  Makes the whole day just wrong....

STL Suomi

Or when they are upside-down :lol:

OLG 

Hey! I gotta stand up for OLG! He solved his sock problems with having TGIF embroidered on them. Toes Go In First...

Now youse guys quit pickin on him!

Archived