SASS Wire Forum

Jeopardy Fans

Rye Miles #13621

Any of you been watching? Ken Jennings is doing a decent job I think, he doesn't have the personality of Alex Trebec but he does okay.

5 minutes ago, Attica Jack #23953 said:

I agree....can't wait until Woopie Goldburn will be the guest host.

I won't be watching that!! I heard that Anderson Cooper and Savanna Guthrie will be hosting also!:o

Lets face it, nobody can replace Alex.

Ken tries to be entertaining but it's just not in his personality or makeup. Personally, I'd like to see them give Brad a try. I think he'd be funny, smart and entertaining.

Whoopie Goldberg? Even the thought makes me puke.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Ken dedicated his life to actually knowing the facts that Alex only had to look and sound like he knew

In fact he had to read the answer in the morning and remember and remember it no longer than later the same day.

1 hour ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

How about Samuel L. Jackson? What's in your answer?:rolleyes::lol::blush:

You've got to phrase your fn answer in the form of a question mfr. No, he's not the guy.

I had reservations about Mr Jennings at first, but I will concede that he's not done badly at all.  

I may or may not watch during Whoopi's stint.  But when Katie Couric comes on board I'll have to make sure there's nothing harder than a Nerf ball within reach, even if the set's turned off.  Not budgeted for a TV replacement.  :unsure:

The issue I have had in the last week is the quality of the questions. I have been correctly answering far to many!

Did they fire the researchers?

I heard Aaron Rodgers is supposed to guest host, so I will want to see that. Otherwise, I hope Ken gets the gig. My vote would be for Austin Rogers if he were in the running, because even when he was winning, he didn't seem to take it too seriously.

Twelve Mile Reb, would be perfect he dont know nothing and he's not charming.

If I had Ken’s money I wouldn’t want the gig.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The issue I have had in the last week is the quality of the questions. I have been correctly answering far to many!

Did they fire the researchers?

Naw... You just got smarter.  :rolleyes:

Gotta be, since I still find 'em challenging!  ^_^

I still remember Art Fleming hosting before Alex Trebec and Don Pardo was his announcer.  Alex was king.

31 minutes ago, Attica Jack #23953 said:

I usually get 10 to 12 questions correct....sometimes I wonder, why did I know that?

Yeah, I seem to have a font of useless information. :lol:

1 hour ago, Attica Jack #23953 said:

I usually get 10 to 12 questions correct....sometimes I wonder, why did I know that?

35 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You guys ought to take the test and go on the show!! What a hoot it would be for all of us to see you guys on Jeopardy! -_-

Yeah!

On the show, dressed cowboy!

(By the way, I also went to Carleton University in Ottawa, I'm Canadian and I'm still available!)

42 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Yeah!

On the show, dressed cowboy!

(By the way, I also went to Carleton University in Ottawa, I'm Canadian and I'm still available!)

Do it!! Apply for the job!! I hear it pays pretty well!:D

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I prefer to say I have a very trivial mind.

When my wife and I lived on our sailboat in the Caribbean, I would have a trivial question on the morning SSB net....lots of fun.  I still have the book with lots of useless info.  Attica Jack     Jeopardy question.....  What was the worst decision you made in the last 8 years?    Answer, why did I leave the Caribbean and move back to Michigan.

• 3 weeks later...

Mike Richards - producer of the show and Wheel of Fortune - is this week's host.  In my occasionally humble opinion he's quite good ~ I think he's going to be hard to top.  :rolleyes:

Katie Couric is up next (March 08 - 19).  That's the weeks I'll be watching YouTube videos of James Good flying around in his Ercoupe.  :mellow:

8 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Mike Richards - producer of the show and Wheel of Fortune - is this week's host.  In my occasionally humble opinion he's quite good ~ I think he's going to be hard to top.  :rolleyes:

Katie Couric is up next (March 08 - 19).  That's the weeks I'll be watching YouTube videos of James Good flying around in his Ercoupe.  :mellow:

I agree but we need to email Jeopardy and tell them we won't watch with Couric on! I'm going to.:) 

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I agree but we need to email Jeopardy and tell them we won't watch with Couric on! I'm going to.:) 

I just emailed them and told them I would not be watching because Couric doesn't like Trump supporters and I don't like her. Keep politics off the show, she has a big mouth and should not be hosting a game show.

I urge everyone to do this! It may not do any good but it can't hurt!

On 2/6/2021 at 7:13 AM, Attica Jack #23953 said:

Sometimes, when I am writing, an obscure (to me) word will pop into my head. I wonder where it came from and check to see if it is appropriate. It usually is.

On 2/6/2021 at 7:45 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You're not alone. See my answer to Jack.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I just emailed them and told them I would not be watching because Couric doesn't like Trump supporters and I don't like her. Keep politics off the show, she has a big mouth and should not be hosting a game show.

I urge everyone to do this! It may not do any good but it can't hurt!

I feel the same way about Savannah Guthrie and she's slated to be a host too. I've written the Today show to complain about her. She's always interrupting people.

Archived