SASS Wire Forum

EOT Stories, Let’s Hear Them

Yul Lose

1 hour ago, Cayuse Jack, SASS #19407 said:

Mr. Shane Starrett I believe...

Shane Starrett, he used to call me on occasion. Haven't heard from him in about 10 years. 

I believe it was Chiseler's golf cart. I was talking to Dusty Roger's and his wife outside of the dance hall. We saw the golf cart zip by and do a couple donuts on the loose straw. Then, he headed into the tent and proceeded to do a few donuts on the parket dance floor. No one was harmed, although it may have been exciting and folks were doing more than the two step to get out of the way. Tupelo Flash was doing his Elvis thing up on stage. We all got a good laugh. Evidently, the Wild Bunch wasn't happy with his chicanery. They sent him packing the next day and didn't let him finish the match.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Assassin said:

Shane Starrett, he used to call me on occasion. Haven't heard from him in about 10 years. 

I believe it was Chiseler's golf cart. I was talking to Dusty Roger's and his wife outside of the dance hall. We saw the golf cart zip by and do a couple donuts on the loose straw. Then, he headed into the tent and proceeded to do a few donuts on the parket dance floor. No one was harmed, although it may have been exciting and folks were doing more than the two step to get out of the way. Tupelo Flash was doing his Elvis thing up on stage. We all got a good laugh. Evidently, the Wild Bunch wasn't happy with his chicanery. They sent him packing the next day and didn't let him finish the match.

Yep, that's the story I was waiting on.  My first year at EOT was 2000, perhaps that was the year of his picket.   I was not present year of actual golf cart incident but did remember the picket.  I too met the gentleman at a Winter Range in one of my early years and under one of the mentioned alias'.  He not only was good shooter, he had a likeable side in conversation.   The reappearance as Ben Avery was cleaver and one had to admit rather humorous.  

As I  remember the year as Ben Avery was the year of shotgun knockdowns with the "Queen Mary chains" at WR and he shot a reload in his 97 that he had glued the shot together making much of a sabot.  And, he was very accurate and fast with it.  I watched in side watches.

Memories............................................of course I remember when Assassin was not Assassin:rolleyes:

Archived