SASS Wire Forum

Remington Arms will be back in business and making Firearms starting this spring.

Raylan

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2021/2/2/remarms-to-begin-production-march-1

Roundhill partner Richmond Italia told the TV station that production is scheduled to resume March 1, with 200 staff members reporting back to work. Prior to reopening, routine maintenance and preparation begins Feb. 16.

28 minutes ago, Moustache Les said:

I'd rather that they were making ammo.

2 separate entities now.

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

If I’m remembering correctly federal owns them now . Hopefully they have them at 100% capacity 

The last video that the President of Federal (or is he the president of Vista Outdoors?) said a “fun video” would be coming out soon about Remington ammo. 

I was online yesterday trying to find out if Ruger was going to;

1. Honor Marlin warranties - they are not. 
2. Allow or proceed with the manufacture of the Marlin model 60 line. - there was no word on that. 

I can just kick myself for not snatching up a Marlin 60 before all this silliness went down. In particular, I want the gray / stainless model. 

Here’s where they discuss Marlin Warranties:

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/resources/owner-support

Here is all I could find on the model 60...besides blathering conjecture on forums by rumor mongers and attention seekers:

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/rimfire/model-60/

I wonder if Ruger will keep this branding statement?

MODEL 60:

TRUSTED ABOVE ALL OTHERS :lol:

17 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Great news. Remington has been around a long time, making qualitity guns. Let us hope the future is brighter for the name. 

“It’ll be the 870, that’ll be the first gun,” Italia said, promising to send photos of No. 1 before it’s goes out the door—or hangs on the wall in celebration of the milestone.“

Sounds like the boss man is a gun guy as well as a businessman. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Sounds like the boss man is a gun guy as well as a businessman. 

I've been cruising through internet sites that mention him.  He claims to be a lifelong hunter; he has a deep background in paintballing, includng a couple dozen patents for paintball components and gear; he disses the MBA type, referring to them as "shirts and ties"; he has promised that his management team will be hands-on people with real product experience; he's not big on unions; he's an interesting character.

Oh boy...I can't wait. 

Hopefully, now, they have management folks in place that put the employees, and the product, and the customer, first, ahead of their ego's, and their pocket-book. Management also needs to really love what they do, and to be servant-leaders...not "slave drivers". 

Management can make, or break, a company. 

We are all rooting for Remington, to succeed. America's oldest gunmaker is, hopefully, back!!!

Eat that, sniffin' joe, and your son "bet-to"!!!

W.K. 

On 2/4/2021 at 8:28 PM, Moustache Les said:

I'd rather that they were making ammo.

Vista Outdoors bought Remington Outdoors ammo related intellectual property & Lonoke AR ammo facility.  From end of Nov articles the typical no. of emplyees was 700-800 but they were down to 400 after the bankruptcy filing the employment dropped below 400.  Vista stated they are bringing back at least 300 previously furloughed  & laid off employees.

If nothing else, Remington needs to come back to give the artisans, and craftsmen/women, their careers back, so they can do what they love, and get paid a descent wage doing it. The "rank-and-file" worker is the backbone of any business, and we want Remington to come back stronger than ever. We need those folks, and need them to make sure nothing leaves the property that is sub-standard. If the employees have any say about it, nothing but excellence, and quality, will make it out the door. They don't want to spend the precious moments of their lives, working there, to let anything out for sale but the very best they can produce. They need jobs, and they need a say in the product. Labor, and management, need to be, figuratively, in bed together, and with a single purpose. Quality, excellence, and making it a fun, and important place to work...with mutual respect all around, and to foster pride in what each and every employee does there. Leave your ego at the curb. 

We are pulling for you Remington. Do it right...it's not rocket science!   

Archived