SASS Wire Forum

New baby question

Alpo

Back in the pre-plague days, how long was considered normal before you let people to be in the same room with, and a handle, a newborn baby?

Woman around the corner just had a kid. They have a large picture window looking out onto their front porch. While walking the dog the other day I saw a car pull up in the yard, and two women got out, carrying two wrapped packages, some flowers, and a box of diapers. They went up and rapped on the window, and the neighbor lady showed them her newborn baby.

I have pictures of when Lobita was born, and there are relatives in the hospital, in their room. I doubt they stayed in the hospital very long, so they were letting people in within the first day? Maybe? Was that normal?

Back in my day daughter was passed around with us hoping we would see the kid once again:lol:

Babies are born with their moms immunity for at least 6 months.  All 4 of ours were passed around, as were all of my 3 siblings and I.  We never stopped going places growing up or with mine.  The hope was that passing them around they would be exposed to colds etc and build immunity. 

When My Kids were born WE were a part of a large Church Family and the Kids were passed To those wanting to hold them at an early age usually between 7 - 10 days old ....

My Wife and I were always nearby when we felt the need to be , supervising pre-teen Girls & Boys so our Babies didn't get dropped etc.

The older Ladies policed themselves so no harm was done , my youngest now 26 and the rest still have special relationships with some of those that held them way back then .... Granma Ruby ( no relation ) kept in touch and aware of the doings of our Oldest daughter until her death ...

I could give more instances but I think you get the point ... My kids are between  41 - 26  now .

Jabez Cowboy

22 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

With Covid scare...I am sure they are doing what they feel safe.

Mine are all 33 to 26 years old...I did what you did.

My kids have each done things in the way they saw fit with the grandkids.

It really is personal prefrence.

You must have marred when you were 13 !!!  You can't have kids that old!!! 

When my grandson was born, in 2014, (today is his birthday), the immediate family, and friends, were let into see him as soon as they brought him into the room were his mother was. We held him, and everything. The nurses, and doctors, and the hospital, did not seem to have any rules, back then, on how soon we could see and hold him. 

I would presume it would be a different story in today's world.

W.K. 

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

You must have marred when you were 13 !!!  You can't have kids that old!!! 

HAHAHAHA!!!

Seems like 1985!!!!

We combined our 6 kids...2 each from 1985, 1 from 1987..1 1988,1 1989 and the baby in 1994!!! 

8 grandkids from 13 to 3!!!

Holy Moly....we might just see a great grandchild buy the time we are 70!!!!

On 2/4/2021 at 6:05 PM, Alpo said:

Brave Star or Prairie Flower?

Neither. Their brother that didn't shoot.  2+1 for him. Brave Star has 3 boys, one set of twins.  He also has one more on the way.  He has been busy.  Prairie Wildcat is married but uncertain if she will have kids. Long story.  Oldest daughter has 4 and done.  Our house gets rocking at times.

6 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

CONGRATS!!!

Thanks! It's a wild ride!

12 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Brave Star has 3 boys, one set of twins.  He also has one more on the way.  He has been busy.  Prairie Wildcat is married

Damn, they grow up don't they? Lobita will be 18 Thursday.

1stDayPractice23.jpg.44c2dc7854842b00df4b140e710d638c.jpg

It don't seem possible.

Archived