SASS Wire Forum

Remington #10 percussion caps

Hogleg Hunter

I still have a fair supply but with Remington being sold to other groups I'm concerned that these caps will be a really low priority when production resumes under new ownership.

I use Slixshot nipples on all my revolvers. Their website says they will work with other caps but I've heard conflicting reports. Anyone have any first hand experience?

I know of a couple they WON'T work with!!!  Several percussionists have said CCI #11s work.  I'm waiting to find a tin so I can try 'em out.

I have SLIXX nipples on my Pietta NMA’s.  I started with Remington #10’s but due to the shortage I’ve been using CCI #11’s.  I can’t really tell a difference, all of them go bang and stay on the nipples.  There are a couple of threads about a month ago that had the dimensions of the different caps, it was negligible between the two.

I have some older dated CCI #11 and they do not work well at all. I found some newer caps and they worked out much better. Maybe they changed their production sizes that do work better. I also tried some Remington #11 that also worked well. I do hope they start making the Remington #10 because they really work the best. Time will tell. DC

2 hours ago, Diamond Curly SASS#57086 said:

I have some older dated CCI #11 and they do not work well at all. I found some newer caps and they worked out much better. Maybe they changed their production sizes that do work better. I also tried some Remington #11 that also worked well. I do hope they start making the Remington #10 because they really work the best. Time will tell. DC

DC when you come to Aust buy up big we have no shortage of Remi 10# although I did my best to start one on my own:blush:

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, Major Crimes said:

DC when you come to Aust buy up big we have no shortage of Remi 10# although I did my best to start one on my own:blush:

Will do. Looking forward to another trip soon.

Archived