SASS Wire Forum

Covid brain sucks

Tennessee williams

Me and the crew got the covid. Rowdy Riley doesn't have any obvious symptoms but she says she can't taste. It ain't slowed her down any. Tennessee Whiskey gets some terrible coughing fits and it's hard on her to catch her breath. She started a steroid yesterday and it seems to be knocking it back. I been really tired, but the worst part has been the covid brain. I slept about all day yesterday after looking for my 45-70 dies again. I thought I had dreamed I was emailing back and forth with Widder about a competition die. Turns out I wasn't dreaming and had bought a new seating die. Well, I don't even have any regular dies! Aint no telling what I'll order tonight. Any of yall experience the covid brain? 

Aint no use of saying "I couldn't tell the difference in the way you were thinking" or "that's an improvement". I done heard them from Widder.:o

Get well! Be praying for you here.

We've lost some good Pards and a couple good friends from this nasty Covid stuff. 

Its hard to be humorous about it but I will relate a funny story about TN Williams virus problem.

He called me today and told me about a dream he had about buying some special 45-70 die (a competition seater die).

He actually told me yesterday about that die and sent me an email about it.    Turns out, he didn't actually dream

about it but he thought his conversation with me and his email was a dream.

His trips to the DQ have been  restricted somewhat.    Those 2 other folks he mentioned are his daughter and wife.

The little girl is doing fine with no symptoms (but tested positive) but the wife has a chronic cough which causes her

to get short of breath.   YES, she is under some doctors care and taking some stuff for the cough and breathing.

It was only with his permission that I shared this medical info.   As with many others, keep em in your prayers and

well wishes.   Ole TN has been a little addled brain the past couple days.

..........Widder

I somehow managed to get that junk twice, once in March and again in December. The first time put me down for almost a month. Luckily the second time only got me for a week. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Drink a lot of water and get some good rest. 

Prayers up.  

Never tested positive, but I'm certain I had a dose of it last year.  Had a two week period I had extreme weakness and lethargy.  So did the wife.  Neither of us lost our sense of taste, or had any fever, or significant respiratory issues.  

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers Tennessee Williams. 

Last time I was down and out for a medical condition my wife threatened to hide my debit and credit cards. I got a little crazy ordering things. I somehow ended up with an extra set of Lee .38/.357 reloading dies and an Armorer’s block for an S&W M&P Shield....I don’t even own an S&W semiauto. :blink: :lol:

Well, if yall need anything give us a call. If required to deliver nanner splits I take a half banana and one scoop fee, Grub hub style.

Imis (no covid here ,yet)

I'm a Respiratory Therapist. There's Covid brain..Covid eyes. on and on with the symptoms. It's horrible. 

nice try - blamin the covid for on-line buying , im thinking you need the rest of the dies and get set up , let us know how your reloading goes , 

seriously tho , do get well , wishing the best for all , to those that care , if you read the OP you can see what i was referring to in my initial statement , im not making lite of an illness we might contract in any way , but then i should not have to explain myself ....so why did i ? because i can , 

The latest CDC report stated that Bananas are very bad for COVID. :P

My wife says she believes that if a covid virus bit me, it would say surstromming  and leave immediately (I say maybe it would say lutefisk and leave. )

:D

STL Suomi

Prayers for you and your family TW, hope your wife gets out of the hospital fast and home feeling 100% better.   SCJ

On 2/4/2021 at 5:59 PM, Tennessee williams said:

Had to take the wife to the ER last night/this morning. They admitted her and gave O² and antibiotics for pneumonia. I talked to her a bit ago and she said she felt some better.

Update please. How is she doing? Is she home?

11 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Update please. How is she doing? Is she home?

I'll leave the details up to TN to post.

His Wife is still in the hospital but her breathing has stabilized and slightly improving.   They still have her on some

IV stuff and oxygen but as of Sunday night, she was showing 'some' signs of improvement.

As for TN and his daughter.....  his daughter hasn't experienced any symptoms.   But TN had 'sore bones' for a few days

last week and didn't feel too peppy....but he's is starting to feel better, although he still shows signs of addle brain (and

I don't say that in a joking manner).   

He and his family covet your prayers at this time.    Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

..........Widder

TW!!  Your cousin says to straighten up and fly right!!

Seriously!!  Ya’ll get well soon!!!

Well, I got the bunkhouse boss back home this evening. They sent her home with some oxygen to use when she needs it or is sleeping. I've still got the covid brain but that's not too bad considering. I appreciate all y'all praying for us. It helped. Thank y'all.

Tennessee:

Glad you and your family are recovering. This crud can be deadly for us oldsters and those with pre-existing conditions.

We have lost my brother-in-law to it last April, my cousin Mary in June and my cousin Joyce in September. All were seniors and in LTC homes.

My beloved wife of 53 years is diabetic and has a number of small strokes which affected her legs and feet leaving them partially paralyzed, so she is particularly vulnerable.

It really chaps my cheeks to see and hear people trying to minimize this.

I hope you and yours get well soon Pard

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Tennessee:

Glad you and your family are recovering. This crud can be deadly for us oldsters and those with pre-existing conditions.

We have lost my brother-in-law to it last April, my cousin Mary in June and my cousin Joyce in September. All were seniors and in LTC homes.

My beloved wife of 53 years is diabetic and has a number of small strokes which affected her legs and feet leaving them partially paralyzed, so she is particularly vulnerable.

It really chaps my cheeks to see and hear people trying to minimize this.

I hope you and yours get well soon Pard

I agree.   Ya know what ticks me off..... Walmart (and other stores) post signs declaring "Mask Required".   But when you go into the stores,

there is always a dozen or so shoppers without mask, and dozens of snot nose kids running around with no mask, touching and rubbing

everything, picking up all the tater chip bags and candy bars and putting them back on the shelf.

The store managers won't enforce their own rules/guidelines.

..........Widder

Archived