SASS Wire Forum

8x56 Mannlicher-Schoenauer

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

On 2/7/2021 at 9:53 AM, Willy B.SASS#26902 said:

I don't want anything for them, Just paying back what others here on the wire have done for me. I've had these for years I'm just tickled somebody can use  them. I'm pretty sure I can send them by UPS.

I'll send you a PM

Gor it.  Thanks.

On 2/5/2021 at 6:46 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

How about a photo 40?

Yeah.....about that!

I know I promised pics, but the gun went back to the smith to get rings (he found some in Switzerland)for a 26mm / 1" scope.  He'll have to do some machine shop fitting and bluing once they get here and I'll find a good 1" fixed 2 or 2.5" scope for it.  It's hard to find a scope that doesn't have all kinds of lights and images and other assorted crap, just a plain old-fashioned scope with  cross hair reticule.

It has occurred to me that this project is going to cost more than about 1/3 of the cars I've owned over the years.  Even the sling is a bastard size.

Hey Forty ;

Speer Makes a 200 Gr. SP bullet that is a close match for the Original bullet shape and you can load it to speeds about 400 fps. faster than the .35 Rem will push a 200 Gr. bullet . And have a decided advantage in sectional density , giving deeper penetration and less drop and wind drift...

H-4895 starting at 39.0 grains , IMR 8208 XBR starting at 41.0 gr. ,  StaBALL 6.5   Starting at 45.5 Grains ... Working up from there as pressures allow ...

These 3 Powders should allow you to reach 2,200 Fps. at moderate pressure levels in a 20 inch barrel, there is no sense in stressing a fine gun looking for more speed ...The over all loaded length should be about 3 inches or slightly less ...   

Archived