SASS Wire Forum

FS - Smokeless Powder - Reloader 12

Cypress Sun

For sale in Florida. Face to face only. Will not ship.

1 - 1 LB Alliant Reloader 12 smokeless powder $30.00

All powder has been stored in a climate controlled (air conditioned) residence and are as new/unopened.

I can meet at local matches or probably arrange transportation to nearby matches.

1st "I'll take it" has priority.

Thanks for looking 

20210203_111112.jpg

It looks like someone was going to load for an M1 Garand. I wish I was closer...

2 minutes ago, Cholla said:

It looks like someone was going to load for an M1 Garand. I wish I was closer...

It must be pretty popular, all the grand specific ammo is sold out and 30-06 brass is pretty scarce. I felt lucky to get some Sierra match kings for Midway recently 

2 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

It must be pretty popular, all the grand specific ammo is sold out and 30-06 brass is pretty scarce. I felt lucky to get some Sierra match kings for Midway recently 

Like the buffalo, the vast stockpiles of surplus M2 ball ammo is gone except for those that are now reselling it at $1.50 a round. IMR 4895 and RL-12 are both listed as powders for the M1 Garand, with IMR-4895 being the go-to powder.

I have a friend in the Tucson area who reloads for his Garands.
He loads I4895, 168 grains, 2585 fps with a 22" barrel.
He says pressure at the gas port is critical and things break when the pressure is too high.

1 minute ago, bgavin said:

I have a friend in the Tucson area who reloads for his Garands.
He loads I4895, 168 grains, 2585 fps with a 22" barrel.
He says pressure at the gas port is critical and things break when the pressure is too high.

The government used allot of 4895 in the past . When I was a kid my dad got a keg of reclaiming 4895 . I believe it was out of 20mm shells . I used to cast bullets and use it to feed a 03 Springfield my dad had 

8 hours ago, Cholla said:

You're close.....was going to do .308. Sold the Dillon dies and Sierra bullets some time ago but forgot about the powder until I ran across it today.

• Cypress Sun changed the title to FS - Smokeless Powder - Reloader 12

Archived