SASS Wire Forum

WTT Pietta for ASM 1858 Cylinder

El CupAJoe

All, I'm looking for an Armi San Marco cylinder for my .44 1858 Remington replica. 

The gun was given to me as a Christmas present and it appears that at some time it was "Repaired" with a Pietta Cylinder.  I figured I'd check on here and see if anyone had one they weren't using.  I can trade the Pietta Cylinder or I also have an extra 7.5" .44 barrel assembly for a '51 Pietta I could trade.  

If no one has one, I'll look into getting a Howell conversion cylinder in the future, but I'd really rather have the gun as a percussion instrument.

1 minute ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Might try here. They have most of the remaining parts for ASM's.

https://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=83&cat=ASM+1858+1863+pocket

I checked and they are out

41 minutes ago, El CupAJoe said:

If no one has one, I'll look into getting a Howell conversion cylinder in the future, but I'd really rather have the gun as a percussion instrument.

Wish I still had one left, I'd send to you.  Got rid of the last of my '58 stuff last summer.

About the conversion cylinder...  No one makes one for the ASM anymore.  But you can have Howell or  Gary Lee Barnes refit an existing cylinder and your gun so that they work together harmoniously.   It will cost more than the value of your gun.

Yes, I saw that howell will fit one of their conversion cylinders to an asm gun for $25, but the option is not currently available with their backlog of work.

I have one that came with my conversion but it doesn't fit right, it is a bit short. If you can measure what the overall length is on a an ASM cylinder maybe this will work for you. Later I will pm yo with what the length of mine is also, I need to dig it out of the safe.

My for sale unknown cylinder is 2.003, compared to 2.015 for the cylinder in my 1858. The shorter one will work but it has a bit too much front to back movement.

13 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

My for sale unknown cylinder is 2.003, compared to 2.015 for the cylinder in my 1858. The shorter one will work but it has a bit too much front to back movement.

PM Sent

Archived