SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Stuff and other Goodies

X Mark

Up for sale are the following :

A pair of Size 10 mule ear boots with Buffalo Nickel conchos.     These are hardy worn  and are a little narrow for my size  10 D Feet.----- $100 shipped.  SPF

A Brand New Mernickle shotgun slide  12 ga. /38 spl.--- $50 shipped..

A Timney Mauser spring--$15 shipped

A pair of  large Cowboy Cuffs-----$40 shipped

Fleece lined mittens ,new------ $50 shipped.

Thanks for looking.

Mule Ear Boots.JPG

1707454389_MuleEarsConchos.JPG

1760459162_MuleEarBootssole.JPG

1103984002_MernickleShotgunSlide.JPG

374130973_MauserSpring.JPG

Cowboy Cuffs.JPG

Cowboy Cuffs Liner.JPG

Fleece Mittens.JPG

1521551923_FleeceMittenliner.JPG

Before anyone gets in a huff, the swastika symbol was used by Native American as a good luck symbol for hundreds of years before Hitler decided to use it. It is also known as the Whirling Logs. Many pre-WWII Navajo rugs and pottery displayed the symbol. Many holsters in the day also had the swastika on them as did conchos and belts. Some Native American artists are now reclaiming the symbol and putting it on their artwork.

Until I photographed these cuffs the tacks are so close together that I hadn't noticed the pattern.

Thank you for pointing out the other , older uses of this pattern.

I think the Nazis rotated the pattern  a little also probably to distinguish it from the other uses noted above.

30 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Before anyone gets in a huff, the swastika symbol was used by Native American as a good luck symbol for hundreds of years before Hitler decided to use it. It is also known as the Whirling Logs. Many pre-WWII Navajo rugs and pottery displayed the symbol. Many holsters in the day also had the swastika on them as did conchos and belts. Some Native American artists are now reclaiming the symbol and putting it on their artwork.

Its about time we reclaimed our heritage from that paper hanging your know what and his %$#$&&^%$ followers.

I photographed this is the Reel West exhibit in 2018. Notice the belt buckle. It's from 1931.

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

Here is another example. This was made by a well-known Zia (New Mexico) Native American potter recently. 

IMG_2847.JPG

If people of the cultures from which the swastika was appropriated want to reclaim and redefine it, that is a good thing.  It will not be easy to undo the very real and visceral reactions of the post WW2 era.  Until that time comes, and it might well be many years, if ever, white people do not need to be sporting swastikas.  

Fretless I'm sure you didn't mean anything by the remark.  I'm sure you will agree that white or any other race will need lots of time to get over what happened to them in those times in WW II

28 minutes ago, Happy Appy said:

Fretless I'm sure you didn't mean anything by the remark.  I'm sure you will agree that white or any other race will need lots of time to get over what happened to them in those times in WW II

Absolutely correct.  All sorts of people have good reasons to react negatively to a swastika, and it will take a long time for that to change.  The reason I singled out white people is because we are the most likely to look like we're supporting a white nationalist agenda often represented by the swastika.  

In the mean time, everybody can help to acknowledge and normalize appropriate cultural usage, like @Cholla is doing above.

Archived