SASS Wire Forum

Will "The Curse" apply?

Trailrider #896

Well, the Rockies have traded Nolan Aranado to the Cards, and paid them $50M to take him!  Nolan is probably the best third baseman to ever play the game.  As a (formerly) ardent Rockies fan, I, and most Coloradans are saddened.  We are also not too happy with owner Monfort and GM Bridich.  Yeah, I know, baseball is just a business, but Monfort has said repeatedly if fans don't like what he does, don't bother to come and buy tickets! :wacko: 

Seems, a long time ago the owner of the Boston Red Socks traded a hitting pitcher to the Yankees...and didn't win a World Series for decades later.  It was called "The Curse".  Wonder if it will apply to the Rox? Who's next? SS Trevor Story? :angry:  Frankly, I'd like to see both Monfort and Bridich traded for a batboy to be named later, along with 15 cents.   My wife will probably be happy.  She won't be as much of a "baseball widow" this summer...unless I can find a way to watch Cardinals' baseball! :unsure:  

Stay well and safe, Pards!

I'm sorry for you guys, but as a Cardinals Fan, I am thrilled!

41 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Well, the Rockies have traded Nolan Aranado to the Cards, and paid them $50M to take him!  Nolan is probably the best third baseman to ever play the game.  As a (formerly) ardent Rockies fan, I, and most Coloradans are saddened.  We are also not too happy with owner Monfort and GM Bridich.  Yeah, I know, baseball is just a business, but Monfort has said repeatedly if fans don't like what he does, don't bother to come and buy tickets! :wacko: 

Seems, a long time ago the owner of the Boston Red Socks traded a hitting pitcher to the Yankees...and didn't win a World Series for decades later.  It was called "The Curse".  Wonder if it will apply to the Rox? Who's next? SS Trevor Story? :angry:  Frankly, I'd like to see both Monfort and Bridich traded for a batboy to be named later, along with 15 cents.   My wife will probably be happy.  She won't be as much of a "baseball widow" this summer...unless I can find a way to watch Cardinals' baseball! :unsure:  

Stay well and safe, Pards!

Welcome to the fan club, Trailrider!Cards.jpg.cb4d8a599ea715efb3eb640ed45c84b1.jpg

Archived